• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Dice

Discuss Miscellaneous HeroQuest Merchandise not fitting into any of the above categories.

Re: Dice

Postby Baylor_OgreBane » May 2nd, 2015, 6:20 pm

clmckay wrote: I was impressed with the German post - quicker than UK, which I always considered fast.

As a resident of the UK, I would say sir, that you have been lucky! :lol:

But on that note I was considering going down this avenue and you may have just made up my mind! :D

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Baylor_OgreBane

High Mage
High Mage

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby QorDaq » May 3rd, 2015, 8:30 am

clmckay wrote:I bought some of the colored dice around 6 months ago. I really like them. I bought them off his website, then sent an e-mail asking to pay with PayPal. He got back to me in about 48 hours or so. Arrived here in the states in less than 2 weeks. I was impressed with the German post - quicker than UK, which I always considered fast.

There wasn't any communication problemsm very pleased and they're really good dice.

That's good to hear. 6 Months is not too bad considering how long the dice have been around. how many sets did you get? And what, if you don't mind, did postage end up coming to?

Thanks, by the way for responding to my many questions.

maj!
maj! = Klingon word for "Good". Used in the context of "I approve".

- vay' DaneHbogh yIchargh!
QorDaq

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby clmckay » May 3rd, 2015, 11:24 am

No problem at all. I just looked up the receipt.

I got 2 of each color dice set. Order date 11.7.2014, shipping 10.26 Euro. He must've thrown in a bonus bag of the one of each color, because i didn't order it but got a package anyway.

It was a bit pricey, but I think it was worth it. I got a second set of each in case the symbols wore off. That was an unfounded worry. They've gotten pretty heavy use - especially the white set - and so far they haven't rubbed off in any noticeable way.

I remember being nervous about ordering because it was all in German and the google online translator didn't work for the whole shopping cart process. I didn't pay during check out (I can't remember if it even asked me too). So right after the confirmation came I e-mailed him to confirm the order and see if I could pay with paypal. I think that was a weekend and he got back to me on 11.10.2014. He sent me his paypal e-mail address and the total amount. I sent it, he must've paid the fees that PayPal put on the transaction. He confirmed receipt and shipped. I have an e-mail address that he gave me if you want it. I'd rather not put it in the post here, to avoid any spam bots grabbing it, but could PM it to you.

Chris

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
clmckay

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:

Postby clmckay » May 3rd, 2015, 12:55 pm

Cool!

I got to looking at this again today, I see he is migrating to a new shopping vendor or something. There's a new color and symbol distribution available!

https://translate.googleusercontent.com ... fuLlFqOZfA

It's on page 2.

And it looks like you can pay directly with PayPal now!

I'm going to order them later today!

Chris

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
clmckay

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:

Postby QorDaq » May 3rd, 2015, 2:12 pm

Very nice, and that's a good sign. I'll have to check that link when I get a chance. Looks like the new color is yellow. Looking forward to seeing what it's distribution is.

maj!

QorDaq

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby cynthialee » May 3rd, 2015, 2:35 pm

YES!!!
I have wanted a set just like the yellow dice for a long time. It was a combo I thought was a no brainer.

Gonna have to make an order I think.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Anderas » May 3rd, 2015, 2:42 pm

Yes the yellow ones are indeed a good idea! Now i am inclined to order, too.

Who's offering them, by the way? Is it Flint?

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » May 3rd, 2015, 2:44 pm

No, not Flint, but Morcar. He's a hq-cooperation forum member, too.
I just wanted to announce here that his dice are moving sites, but you guys were faster.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby QorDaq » May 3rd, 2015, 3:27 pm

Since I cannot see pictures (from current Comp), would someone mind listing the distribution of the Yellow Die?

maj!

QorDaq

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby clmckay » May 3rd, 2015, 3:29 pm

I just ordered me up some.

I got the complete set and a second spare yellow set. Google translate doesn't work on checkout/adding to thecart, but I appear to have successfully done it.

Also, for US based members, the listed price has VAT included, so when I finished I noticed the price was less. Without doing the math, I assume 19% less.

Rewards:
clmckay

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous HeroQuest Items