• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

HQ Dice for USA & Canada!

Discuss Miscellaneous HeroQuest Merchandise not fitting into any of the above categories.

Re: HQ Dice for USA & Canada!

Postby Decipher » June 14th, 2013, 10:30 am

Ah Chaotic, those arent bad. I purchased some of his blank dice for a game my daughter and I was making. I like them.

Thing is for me, I absolutely refuse to pay $12 to $20 for a set of old HQ dice on ebay. If I'm going to pay that much, I'll get something brand new. I purchased 4 sets from Jack and with shipping I paid $34 bucks total.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Decipher

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby chaoticprime » June 14th, 2013, 10:48 am

Decipher wrote:Ah Chaotic, those arent bad. I purchased some of his blank dice for a game my daughter and I was making. I like them.

Thing is for me, I absolutely refuse to pay $12 to $20 for a set of old HQ dice on ebay. If I'm going to pay that much, I'll get something brand new. I purchased 4 sets from Jack and with shipping I paid $34 bucks total.

Really, though, 1 = Black Shield; 2, 4, 6 = Skull; 3, 5 = White Shield

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman

Forum Language: English (United States)
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Decipher » June 14th, 2013, 10:55 am

Well that would work too.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Decipher

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sjeng » June 14th, 2013, 12:20 pm

Or more commonly used: 1,2,3 = skull, 4,5 = white shield, 6 = black shield ;)

So I bought the German coloured dice from a fellow HQ player in Germany, so I got them slightly cheaper. They are okay. As said, they are bigger than the original HQ dice, they are plastic, and the icons are printed on the surface.
I do prefer the wooden dice and the etched icons over plastic and printed, but they work fine. A downside is that the coloured dice have white icons, instead of black. Another is that the printed ink can scratch off if handled roughly. Normal use won't scratch them very fast, but heavy use will eventually wear them down. But that's the same for wooden dice, so I guess it can't be helped.

Pictures of their sides: (German coloured HQ dice, D&D boardgame dice, original HQ dice, Mantic dice)

they now sit nicely in my hq box:
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby chaoticprime » June 14th, 2013, 1:53 pm

Sjeng wrote:Or more commonly used: 1,2,3 = skull, 4,5 = white shield, 6 = black shield ;)

So I bought the German coloured dice from a fellow HQ player in Germany, so I got them slightly cheaper. They are okay. As said, they are bigger than the original HQ dice, they are plastic, and the icons are printed on the surface.
I do prefer the wooden dice and the etched icons over plastic and printed, but they work fine. A downside is that the coloured dice have white icons, instead of black. Another is that the printed ink can scratch off if handled roughly. Normal use won't scratch them very fast, but heavy use will eventually wear them down. But that's the same for wooden dice, so I guess it can't be helped.

Pictures of their sides: (German coloured HQ dice, D&D boardgame dice, original HQ dice, Mantic dice)

they now sit nicely in my hq box:

I hate my wooden dice. Trade?

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » June 14th, 2013, 4:13 pm

I still don't get the color choices...
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » June 14th, 2013, 4:34 pm

What's wrong with the colours? They're pretty neutral. At least I don't have the pink ones :P
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » June 14th, 2013, 4:45 pm

My choices would have been
a dark red
an ochrish yellow
a dark green (like the orc minis)
a navy blue
black, obviously...
a light grey
and a dark grey
and then I would have assigned the different purposes to them.

For example, the dark red ones would have gotten four skulls (dark red - blood - attack more likely to be successful; get it?).
The black I would have assigned to the dice with more black shields than normal.
Like that.

What about style? Medium blue? Orange? That ugly not-light-not-dark purple?
That's what I don't get...
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Decipher » June 14th, 2013, 11:18 pm

Not trying to change the subject but Sjeng, whats up with those trees in your box? You have a PDF file for those you could loan me?

Rewards:
Decipher

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby knightkrawler » June 15th, 2013, 1:45 am

Those trees are from the D&D board game. Really really useful for its parts, that game...

Rewards:
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous HeroQuest Items