• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

FIRST LIGHT discussion

Discuss Miscellaneous HeroQuest Merchandise not fitting into any of the above categories.

Re: FIRST LIGHT discussion

Postby LucaRocks » October 29th, 2024, 12:41 pm

Not sure how everyone else feels about it but I don't think I will be punching out any of the cardboard tiles. Unless they are some new mechanic or if the rats are new monsters for example.

I am torn about the furniture tiles though. Putting them down on the bord and placing the corresponding mini on top of it could give the 3d furniture proper boundaries. However, that would be one other thing to clean up at the end.
User avatar
LucaRocks

High Mage
High Mage
 
Posts: 419
Joined: January 10th, 2023, 8:40 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: FIRST LIGHT discussion

Postby cornixt » October 29th, 2024, 1:58 pm

A lot of the furniture tiles could be made more 3D by putting a couple of wooden blocks under them. If you are buying it for anyone else, a stack of small blocks for $5 from a craft store will be a good bonus.


Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
User avatar
cornixt

Ogre
Ogre
 
Posts: 813
Joined: November 4th, 2014, 12:56 pm
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: FIRST LIGHT discussion

Postby wallydubbs » October 29th, 2024, 3:13 pm

Agreed, I'm not gonna bother with the tiled furniture or monsters as I already have the Game System, so I'll just be using the minis from that. That's the reason this is already a bit of a letdown. The new hero sculpts and the Dragon I most certainly will use as well as the board, extra dice and even double up my treasure card deck. But I see very little point in punching the tiles.


Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Hosted a Play-by-Post game.
Arena Master
wallydubbs

Swordsman
Swordsman
 
Posts: 1865
Joined: October 18th, 2018, 7:15 am
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberChampion Group Member

Re: FIRST LIGHT discussion

Postby Kurgan » October 30th, 2024, 2:03 am

In case you missed it, the picture dump based on Let's Table It's video here.

I don't like the nerfs, but I understand why they did them. People whose first experience of HeroQuest will be First Light will be taking their first steps into a much larger world. If this takes off, we may see a massive surge in the size of the community. Prepare for the Normie Invasion! ;)

Have patience with them... remember, we were all noobs at one time, even if it was 35 years ago... we'll be explaining crossbow debates and EU rule differences till doomsday. :mrgreen: |_P


Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Destroyed a Zombie!
User avatar
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 7114
Images: 85
Joined: February 23rd, 2019, 7:08 pm
Location: https://discord.gg/2R9pEP4cty
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Re: FIRST LIGHT discussion

Postby LucaRocks » October 30th, 2024, 12:13 pm

I doubt there will be a huge influx. At least not right away. I was a kid when I got the original HQ and it took years for me to actually come back around to it and consider myself a fan and research the game and expansions and stuff.

Plus it's not like it hasn't been out there for awhile already at a fairly decent price anyway. So it's not like it's super obscure.

But I could be wrong I mean in this crazy world you never know what goes viral.
User avatar
LucaRocks

High Mage
High Mage
 
Posts: 419
Joined: January 10th, 2023, 8:40 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: FIRST LIGHT discussion

Postby SirRick » October 31st, 2024, 5:20 pm

I am not sure if this applies everywhere, but Target has an online deal for Target Circle members to save 25% off one toy or game. With the $12.50 discount, it still qualifies for free shipping too. So I ordered my copy for about $37.50 plus tax. I think the deal is valid for a couple more weeks. I don’t remember exactly when it ends.


Rewards:
Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
SirRick

Elven Archer
Elven Archer
 
Posts: 512
Joined: January 17th, 2016, 3:15 am
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: FIRST LIGHT discussion

Postby wallydubbs » October 31st, 2024, 10:33 pm

SirRick wrote:I am not sure if this applies everywhere, but Target has an online deal for Target Circle members to save 25% off one toy or game. With the $12.50 discount, it still qualifies for free shipping too. So I ordered my copy for about $37.50 plus tax. I think the deal is valid for a couple more weeks. I don’t remember exactly when it ends.


Yes, this was slightly coved 2 or 3 pages back. As of now it only appears to be happening with Target, I'm not sure if this has something to do with Hasbro's partnership with Target.


Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Hosted a Play-by-Post game.
Arena Master
wallydubbs

Swordsman
Swordsman
 
Posts: 1865
Joined: October 18th, 2018, 7:15 am
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberChampion Group Member

Re: FIRST LIGHT discussion

Postby LucaRocks » November 5th, 2024, 12:51 pm

I wonder if Wizard of Morcar is taking longer than usual to release because there's a lot they have to update (or remix).

I was viewing the various spells of the classic version and they seriously need to be adjusted. Plus the extra quests to bump it up to 10.

Anyway, I still think WOM will be after FL.
User avatar
LucaRocks

High Mage
High Mage
 
Posts: 419
Joined: January 10th, 2023, 8:40 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: FIRST LIGHT discussion

Postby wallydubbs » November 5th, 2024, 10:52 pm

LucaRocks wrote:I wonder if Wizard of Morcar is taking longer than usual to release because there's a lot they have to update (or remix).

Anyway, I still think WOM will be after FL.


My worry is that they won't even make it. Though there's a lot they would need to fix and update they might find it pointless as the spells given to the Wizard and spells designated to Dread Sorcerers are underwhelming and don't compare to the already existing elemental and Dread spells.


Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Hosted a Play-by-Post game.
Arena Master
wallydubbs

Swordsman
Swordsman
 
Posts: 1865
Joined: October 18th, 2018, 7:15 am
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberChampion Group Member

Re: FIRST LIGHT discussion

Postby LucaRocks » November 6th, 2024, 7:57 am

Yes, that is definitely a concern I have also. If FL doesn't do the numbers Hasbro thinks it should, they may cut back on HQ. Like they will release only 1 expansion per year and have AH focus on their other games. I don't think this will happen, but you never know.
But I don't think they will cancel WOM. It needs a lot of work, no doubt, but I think they like putting their own spin on things. So I don't think they mind fixing it.

Also curious if they had any input from Chris before he left about WOM. I'm sure they discussed it at some point and tossed out some ideas before they focused on something else and saved WOM for later.
User avatar
LucaRocks

High Mage
High Mage
 
Posts: 419
Joined: January 10th, 2023, 8:40 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous HeroQuest Items

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest