Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!
Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.


Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!
Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.


j_dean80 wrote:Where are the mods? Can we take all this crap down?






Davane wrote:j_dean80 wrote:Where are the mods? Can we take all this crap down?
What crap?
This is a discussion about the Orc Bard, and how that relates to the wider issues of the gaming community, diversity in gaming, the role of social justice, and the metaphysical traits of the HQ setting, which many still consider to be set in a version of the Warhammer World thanks the GW's input.
You might not think these are important to discuss, but they are, because it relates to deeper aspects of identity, and why the HQ community even exists as a community.
You might as well be asking the mods to shut down the forums completely because people talk too much on them.
I apologise if this is a level of thinking that goes beyond what you want from the HQ forums, but if all of this is crap, why are you even here on these forums?


j_dean80 wrote:One or two posts to show your point is fine. When you keep going on and on with long posts about political agenda that ACTUALLY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ORC BARD, is when I get tired of seeing all the posts in this thread. It’s not that I’m offended, I just don’t care as it has nothing to do with this thread. I’m sure others agree. Make a separate thread if you want. It is an orc who is a bard. Does it fit with old HeroQuest? No. I’m not arguing that. In fact I’m not arguing at all. It just doesn’t belong right here.





cynthialee wrote:there is nothing wrong with asking for accountability and decency at the game table
and the issues with men gamer are an issue for all male gamer, not just the bad apples. You good guys need to step it up and keep hate and stagnation in check.
So there is an orc bard and it somehow makes it a SJW issue.....then fine we can make it that now I will dig in harder. Because the world needs less *lemony goodness* and more sparkle. If I say they are now suddenly representative of people of color it is due to the reaction I see from those who rail against social justice issues.
And those of us calling for social change and injecting it into places some don't want to see ... it is not going to stop. We will not go away from the greater culture. It will become more and more in the face until that time where the need for it is no more.


Pancho wrote:Here’s an idea. Next time some creep gives you grief at the Heroquest table, just tell them that you are playing with the orc bard Hero. They’ll probably do a runner and leave you in peace for ever after.


Return to Miscellaneous HeroQuest Items
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests