• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Book of Battle Mats: Alternatives to the Original Game Board

Discuss other HeroQuest expansion topics that do not fit into the above categories.

Book of Battle Mats: Alternatives to the Original Game Board

Postby BStewart80 » Tuesday February 9th, 2021 3:19pm

Has anyone taken a look at Loke Battle Mats? Particularly the 2 volume Dungeon versions? These are amazing. I have purchased these twice and possibilities are endless. Check out the link and comment on what you think.

https://www.amazon.com/Dungeon-Books-of ... 969&sr=8-3

I have been using these since August of 2020 and the game has been enriched. I take an existing quest and remap it using these books and the appearance and gameplay has been well received by my players. I'll spend some time a little posting some of the quest designs as examples so that everyone can see what I mean. The maps really look good and mix it up from the original appearance. To be honest, we find it hard going back to the original board. The only reason we use the original board now is because we get on a gaming binge in one day and I have remapped a quest to the new board.

FYI, they just released a Town and Tavern volume, too. They are awesome.

https://www.amazon.com/Loke-Towns-Taver ... 373&sr=8-1
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by BStewart80 on Wednesday March 10th, 2021 3:06pm, edited 2 times in total.
BStewart80

Orc
Orc

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Loke Battle Maps

Postby BStewart80 » Wednesday February 10th, 2021 10:59pm

See the attached example I created using the Loke Battle Mats for Quest 8 in the main questline for HQ.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BStewart80

Orc
Orc

Hero:

Postby BStewart80 » Wednesday February 10th, 2021 11:03pm

Also, I'll set this up on the actual map and take some photos to post. It really looks very cool. Photos coming soon.
BStewart80

Orc
Orc

Hero:

Postby BStewart80 » Wednesday February 10th, 2021 11:28pm

Here are the pics for Quest 8 as an example. Like I said, I think the maps are really awesome. Plus, they are good for other games, too.
BStewart80

Orc
Orc

Hero:

Return to Other Expansion Topics