• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Custom printed Dice (BGM)

Discuss other HeroQuest expansion topics that do not fit into the above categories.

Custom printed Dice (BGM)

Postby Kurgan » Wednesday January 20th, 2021 10:11pm

So I got some rather expensive dice made ($5 each). They are 16mm plastic with rounded corners (similar to the german dice).

They have a nice matte finish (which preserves the ink better I've found).

The designs are some kind of printed ink which has a shiny surface and almost looks like it was 3d printed on.The only thing is I can tell I must have left a few white pixels on the artwork (rather than pure single-color vector graphics). So they're not perfect. Still, I like them even though if you look closely you can see the imperfection. The idea behind these was for an alternate set to differentiate Zargon's dice from those used by the Heroes. :skull: :whiteshield: :blackshield: :skull: :whiteshield: :blackshield:

Now if I really wanted to spend some serious cash, I could get inscribed plastic dice (unfortunately only in white). I'll have to think long and hard about that...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kurgan

Swordsman
Swordsman

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Custom printed Dice (BGM)

Postby Kurgan » Thursday January 21st, 2021 11:33am

Another shot...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kurgan

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:

Postby ajjohnsen » Thursday January 21st, 2021 1:35pm

What's the latest word from Decipher and his Black/Red "Zargon Dice" project? I remember it being pretty close to being ready and less than $5 a die lol

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
ajjohnsen

Mummy
Mummy

Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:

Postby lestodante » Thursday January 21st, 2021 6:08pm

What about the dice size? Are they bigger than the originals or is it just the design printed on a smaller area of the face?

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Kurgan » Thursday January 21st, 2021 6:20pm

The originals are tiny, so yes, they are bigger. I might be able to soak these in red ink wash to clear up the "white edges."
Kurgan

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:

Postby Kurgan » Saturday January 23rd, 2021 7:48pm

I've eyeballed them in comparison to the German plastic dice and they are a tiny bit smaller when placed side by side. So I'm going to guess they are 15mm instead of 16mm until I can measure them with an actual ruler.

A bit like how the reproduction wooden dice being discussed on these forums are slightly smaller than the original classic dice.

BGM lets you pick a couple of sizes, but this was the closest I could get to the plastic dice I already had.
Kurgan

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:

Return to Other Expansion Topics