• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

HeroQuest - The Corona Edition

Discuss other HeroQuest expansion topics that do not fit into the above categories.

HeroQuest - The Corona Edition

Postby denenkit » Sunday April 19th, 2020 6:24am

Can you play HeroQuest in Corona times? Yes you can!
I have a made a complete PowerPoint version of HeroQuest that you can play with friends in a video conference with remote control. The miniatures are top views of 3D scans of the official HeroQuest miniatures, fetched from Thingiverse. They look like actual plastic miniatures, straight out of the box. The players can move their miniatures just like normal. The Evil One can place monsters, furniture and tiles just like normal. The miniatures and furniture come with shadow effects which gives the impression that you are playing on a real board. The players receive their weapons, spells and treasure cards by WhatsApp (or similar messaging app). This pack comes with a complete setup instruction, a Quest description, and a Powerpoint gameboard ready to play. Rolling dice :roll1: :roll2: :skull: :whiteshield: :blackshield: is done with the VASSAL HeroQuest module. I've put the complete pack public on my Google Drive. :greenorb:
Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Gd5Mx8 ... sp=sharing
Preview picture: https://drive.google.com/open?id=12jx4q ... csoLaMjr6E
Last edited by denenkit on Monday April 20th, 2020 2:49pm, edited 2 times in total.
HeroQuest is the best game in the world ever
denenkit

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: HeroQuest - The Corona Edition

Postby torilen » Sunday April 19th, 2020 9:02am

Sorry if I am being overly cautious here - but can an admin check this out.
Link goes straight to a request to download, and this is the only post this member
has made.

@goblin-king
@daedalus
@sjeng

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » Sunday April 19th, 2020 10:51am

Hi denenkit. Please provide a little more information about your HeroQuest project. We don't really like downloading blindly.
If you could perhaps add a description and/or a couple of images, that would be great :)

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » Sunday April 19th, 2020 12:13pm

I've checked and the link is safe.
I've downloaded and it's a standard zip file which contains some jpg and pdf plus the PowerPoint file.
I attach a screenshot of the PP file when you open it.

HQ-pp version.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Return to Other Expansion Topics