• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

New Heroquest online Tool!

Discuss other HeroQuest expansion topics that do not fit into the above categories.

New Heroquest online Tool!

Postby ThatMoustachio » May 3rd, 2019, 12:50 am

Hi, Everybody!
I have been working on a fancy online, collaborative sheet that you can use to manage your Heroes, enemies, and even build your own rules in a bit to enhance the game. The automation I baked into the sheet should make player management easy, shareable with your entire crew (no more learning over to see your buddy's Hero sheet), and viewable by Zargon/Mocar.

All I ask is that you save your own copy to your own google sheets/drive so that when you make changes, it doesn't mess with the main published sheet. Your fellow players will be able to access your version directly from google sheets, and adjust/see real time the other Heroes' stats and items.
Here is the link to the folder, where I will add new versions of the sheet as more feedback comes in from you guys!
http://bit.ly/MrMstchioHQ

Please spread this to any of your fellow Heroquest fans, and please submit feedback; I'd really like to make this sheet even better as time progresses!
Not gonna lie, this was a labor of love, and I probably spent too much of my life on it, but DAMN am I proud.
Image Image Image Image

Thanks for checking it out and keeping this game alive!
Last edited by Daedalus on May 9th, 2021, 3:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: moved topic from General HeroQuest Discussion room
ThatMoustachio

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: New Heroquest online Tool!

Postby Stoner81 » May 3rd, 2019, 9:08 am

Impressive... most impressive!

|_P |_P |_P |_P

Stoner81.
Stoner81

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Thor-in » May 3rd, 2019, 2:21 pm

Stoner81 wrote:Impressive... most impressive!

|_P |_P |_P |_P

Stoner81.

Okay Vader, lol

Yes it does look impressive, nice work.
:skeleton: "In The End We Are All Shadows and Dust" :skeleton:

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Thor-in

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby cornixt » May 3rd, 2019, 2:25 pm

Which ruleset did you use? I don't recognise these differences.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
cornixt

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby ThatMoustachio » May 3rd, 2019, 7:25 pm

cornixt wrote:Which ruleset did you use? I don't recognise these differences.

Supplements to the vanilla rules are added in there; you are correct; while I enjoy my rules, you can easily remove them for your games if you wish!
In Vanilla, there are no synergies, no passive/active skills, no physique traits, and none of the extra classes.

The rules I have in there I either came up with or found on various forums and sites. I can't remember, exactly, where each came from, though.
I have a hidden tab called "Random Rules" where I gathered various house rules I have either built into the game, or want to add. If you'd like, the next update I do can have a tab just for adding all the house rules in one easy to see place!

I'll post some of them here if you'd like:
Synergies (Explained in sheet,I try to keep the classes balanced with these, e.g. Warlock/Wizard combo allows for POWERFUL spells, but not half your team can die easily and could be killed in 1 hit)

Physical traits (get a small bonus/hindrance based off of max BP of character)

Active/Passive skills (Allows each Class I've created to be more unique and useful)

Undead are reanimated, even if felled. When ""killed"", an undead is laid down on a square, but doesn't block movement or line of sight. 1Ad is rolled for each killed undead on Zargon's turn; Skull: Reanimated, Shield: Nothing, BS:Corpse explosion.
Reanimated dead are slain when a Hero moves onto the slain undead's square, using an action to end it." Use printed token to signify fallen enemy square. (Print these, each undead enemy!)

Curses: With some quests, A Shaman or Artifact may be cursed, causing ill effects until it is killed/destroyed
Shield: Every BS rolled by a Hero while attacking negates a skull on that roll.
Enfeeble: Roll one less Combat dice per combat

MP - When reduced to 0 MP, Hero is no longer able to use any skills. Any MP loss beyond 0 is suffered as body damage.

Changing weapons cost one action

If a player dies, should we be able to resurrect with Gold between quests? in order to rez, a hero must pick up the body, halving movement and AD/DD. Dropping the body and picking it up cost one action each.

I'm also playing with the idea that Zargon gets a special move or bonus every, say, five rounds or so. This puts a rush on the Heroes, makes red-die movement when no enemies are on the board more impactful, and makes being Zargon a hell of a lot more fun.

Let me know what ya think! or use the form to suggest more house rules and such I can add to the sheet.
ThatMoustachio

Hero:

Postby Stoner81 » May 6th, 2019, 7:49 am

Thor-in wrote:
Stoner81 wrote:Impressive... most impressive!

|_P |_P |_P |_P

Stoner81.

Okay Vader, lol

Yes it does look impressive, nice work.

Glad somebody got it :D

|_P |_P |_P |_P

Stoner81.
Stoner81

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero: