• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

New Mod... Double sided KK Trap Door tokens.

Discuss other HeroQuest expansion topics that do not fit into the above categories.

New Mod... Double sided KK Trap Door tokens.

Postby mitchiemasha » November 7th, 2018, 11:45 pm

A variable for the game occurred to me whilst making some double sided KK Trap Door tokens. It could be used in general or as the premise of a few quests.

At the beginning of the quest, the trap doors are shuffled and placed randomly (edit: when a room is revealed or signified by trap doors on the map). On the back of the trap doors are, Key, potion, skull (-1B), pit trap (representing nothing) etc. The heroes will open these, flip them on the board and see what they find.

The advantage or unique trait to this idea is that both the EW and the Heroes don't know where anything is. To complete the quest the heroes might need to find a lost key or hidden potion. It's a surprise for all. The EW would have to risk which areas to retreat to, protecting the most, kind of like not knowing why the Heroes are here. Each time being different increase replayability. If used in general, it's simply another risk or reward game of chance added to quests.

This idea could be done via rolling on a table... but that's not very HeroQuest! and, the heroes could run out of trap doors before finding the required result.
Last edited by mitchiemasha on November 8th, 2018, 1:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: New Mod... Double sided KK Trap Door tokens.

Postby Nicodemus » November 7th, 2018, 11:48 pm

Nice!! I like this idea a lot. I'd include a real trap door on the other side of one as a possibility too so that a Quest could have multiple trap doors and any one of them could be the passage to the area they need to get to but nobody will know until they search!

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Nicodemus

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby mitchiemasha » November 8th, 2018, 12:59 am

Nicodemus wrote:Nice!! I like this idea a lot. I'd include a real trap door on the other side of one as a possibility too so that a Quest could have multiple trap doors and any one of them could be the passage to the area they need to get to but nobody will know until they search!

Yes! I was thinking how to keep the original theme going. Doubling 1 up with itself fits perfectly. Now we have an actual passage and mini chambers, doored pits. Thank you.

2 options in design.
Not hidden: Placed randomly when a room is revealed.
Hidden: Drawn randomly when a room featuring a trap door in the quest notes is searched.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Spookyhappyfun » November 8th, 2018, 7:35 am

I like this idea!

Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Spookyhappyfun

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Mortanius » June 13th, 2020, 6:28 pm

I like the idea.
It's like a variation to the treasure deck.
I could see myself using this in a few quests.
Mortanius

Goblin
Goblin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:

Return to Other Expansion Topics