• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

DIY Hero Quest

Discuss other HeroQuest expansion topics that do not fit into the above categories.

Re: DIY Hero Quest

Postby Maurice76 » September 2nd, 2018, 5:37 pm

Is it just a poor quality photo, or does the print seem to lack the sharper details that were present in the OP? Especially the face seems to lack details?

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Maurice76

High Mage
High Mage

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby juhone » September 3rd, 2018, 2:30 am

Maurice76 wrote:Is it just a poor quality photo, or does the print seem to lack the sharper details that were present in the OP? Especially the face seems to lack details?

If you compare it to this thread's first post of the rendered barbarian, then there's some lack of details due to printer's limitations. But when compared to my last 30mm test print there's a lot more detail allover the character. This is unprimed and no wash. The resin is a bit translucent and some of the details are harder to make up before primer is applied.
juhone

Goblin
Goblin

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Postby Daedalus » September 3rd, 2018, 2:23 pm

Looking forward to seeing these reach their full potential as painted minis.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby juhone » September 7th, 2018, 3:33 pm

Hey guys, here's a status update on my progress.
I made a successful print of all the figures I have sculpted so far. I gave them a gray primer to see the details a bit better. I'm really happy how they're turning out.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

lestodante wrote:It would be also interesting to see a printed figure before you clean it from its support sprue.

Here you go.

I also took a small break of the characters and did some of the props.
juhone

Goblin
Goblin

Hero:

Postby benvoliothefirst » September 7th, 2018, 4:53 pm

I like the cut of your jib, sir, and would like to subscribe to your newsletter!

Even if you're doing all this yourself, I still think you should get with Thantos for some distribution. There's definitely a market for these!
wickedmetal.blogspot.com <--I paint HeroQuest!
My players' monthly game results
Mods I Use:
Base Quests in four difficulty steps by Anderas
Random Events by Jacob Busby (pg.5)
Karlen's Circlet by AerynB/drathe/sajungzak
Heartfelt thanks to all of you who have worked to enrich the world of HeroQuest!
Goblin-King wrote:When life gives you lemons, squeeze those lemons into your eyes, enter a berserker rage and punch life in the face!

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
benvoliothefirst

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby juhone » September 10th, 2018, 4:00 pm

Hey again. Sorry I keep spamming this thread, but I just finished another figure. Skeleton this time. I know some of you might be a bit disappointed of not going with the scythe as a weapon. I just thought that skeleton warrior would be cooler look.

benvoliothefirst wrote:Even if you're doing all this yourself, I still think you should get with Thantos for some distribution. There's definitely a market for these!

I'm not ruling anything out. I could maybe print some super limited sets of these, but I'm not sure if people are willing to pay the amount of money to make it worth my scarce freetime. What I've thought about is that I could sell the STL files somewhere and people can then print the figures themselves. But that's a bit going ahead of things, I'll finish them first and see if they're any good as a whole.
juhone

Goblin
Goblin

Hero:

Postby lestodante » September 10th, 2018, 4:35 pm

I will buy chests and doors for sure!
Why the door has that strange base, is there another piece to assemble together?

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby picollogoku » September 10th, 2018, 7:13 pm

Let me know when you are ready to take our money
picollogoku

Skeleton
Skeleton

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member
n[/champion]

Postby Maurice76 » September 11th, 2018, 3:33 am

juhone wrote:Hey again. Sorry I keep spamming this thread, but I just finished another figure. Skeleton this time. I know some of you might be a bit disappointed of not going with the scythe as a weapon. I just thought that skeleton warrior would be cooler look.

I always considered the scythe to be a bit of a cliché, an unneeded reference to the Grim Reaper. Variation is good, I'd say - especially for Skeletons you should see all sorts of scraps and tarnished weapons and armor. As it is, I like this design! |_P

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Maurice76

High Mage
High Mage

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Showdown35 » September 12th, 2018, 2:20 pm

lestodante wrote:I will buy chests and doors for sure!
Why the door has that strange base, is there another piece to assemble together?

My guess is it's shaped so it can straddle raised room edges, even if the door is at the corner of a room, it has space to straddle a raised corner.
It's like a new pair of underwear; at first it's constrictive, but after a while it becomes a part of you. I have to go...

My HeroQuest Homebrew project site: http://www.showdowndave.ca/heroquest
Showdown35

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Other Expansion Topics