• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Whitebeard's Projects

Discuss other HeroQuest expansion topics that do not fit into the above categories.

Re: Whitebeard's Projects

Postby mitchiemasha » July 18th, 2018, 9:08 pm

I knew my box of bottle lids would come in handy for something. Another great piece form you.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby whitebeard » July 18th, 2018, 9:12 pm

Or I can just include a pic.

GoblinCleaningCrew.jpg

"The Goblin Cleaning Crew"

The Goblin Cleaning Crew is an integrated terrain piece, it's a trap. A portcullis closes (the lever on the far right of the picture) and goblins push the goblin crafted spiked wheel quickly down the corridor. Only the quickest of wit and physical ability can escape. The Goblin Mechanism is the craft in this submission and the toilet paper roll which was required should be visible there (it dominates the piece).

A good opportunity to showcase HeroQuest and the incredible Zealot Twisting Catacombs pieces.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Has resigned from the forum and would delete his account if he could.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Thantos » July 19th, 2018, 6:03 am

Looks awesome :D Inspired by the Labyrinth film?
http://www.zealotminiatures.com
Models. Plastic Injection. Resin Casting. High Res 3D Printing . Macro 3D Scanning .

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges.
Thantos

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby whitebeard » July 19th, 2018, 9:41 am

Thantos wrote:Looks awesome :D Inspired by the Labyrinth film?

I'm going to say yes... we own the DVD and the name cleaning crew certainly is in reference to to film, the cleaners.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Usergroups:

Postby whitebeard » July 21st, 2018, 4:35 pm

I painted the 3D printed barbarian. It came out okay. If you zoom OUT on it, it looks great. To my eye... and even under magnification, all those black specs in the ridges of the print just are not there, but they really stand out on camera. It looks good to me and is done. But were to do it over again I would base the skin in the skin tone and add the darker color to the deep parts afterwards. I do not use washes, so this is backwards from my usual process.

Front.jpg

right.jpg

back.jpg

:barbarian:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Usergroups:

Postby Goblin-King » July 21st, 2018, 4:53 pm

whitebeard wrote:Or I can just include a pic.

GoblinCleaningCrew.jpg

"The Goblin Cleaning Crew"

The Goblin Cleaning Crew is an integrated terrain piece, it's a trap. A portcullis closes (the lever on the far right of the picture) and goblins push the goblin crafted spiked wheel quickly down the corridor. Only the quickest of wit and physical ability can escape. The Goblin Mechanism is the craft in this submission and the toilet paper roll which was required should be visible there (it dominates the piece).

A good opportunity to showcase HeroQuest and the incredible Zealot Twisting Catacombs pieces.

Goblin King approves |_P

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Fallensaviour » July 21st, 2018, 10:18 pm

Excellent stuff,I do follow BMC ( actually I check out most of the guild videos )and did see the goblin cleaning crew on there.The best craft in my opinion.
The barbarian looks great as well,nice job.

Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie!
Fallensaviour

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » August 7th, 2018, 1:34 am

That Barbarian really looks great!

Photos are always a little bit cruel to the painting skill because the camera likes to enhance small details to make a "sharp" impression. So little errors get magnified. Sometimes I am shocked if I look at a full picture of a great model and discover that dust mote on the nose tip that I would never have seen in real life.

Now you could go on directly with the rare models, like, candlesticks and rats :-)

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Spookyhappyfun » August 7th, 2018, 9:41 am

I'm late to this thread and get to experience all of your gorgeous works for the first time. You're a proper genius! Well done on all of these!

Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Spookyhappyfun

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » August 8th, 2018, 6:03 pm

just the barbarian's sword looks a bit tiny

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Other Expansion Topics