• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Heroes taking on a Vampire

Discuss other HeroQuest expansion topics that do not fit into the above categories.

Re: Heroes taking on a Vampire

Postby Daedalus » September 24th, 2017, 8:47 am

The great thing about the adult hobby is having some kind of budget to work with. Enjoy your crafting.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby aaronAGN » September 24th, 2017, 4:04 pm

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Is there a specific type of glue/adhesive to use with pewter?
I've got my Count Strahd mini that I'm using for my vampire adventure. And comes with his right arm unattached. For painting purposes since it lays folded across his chest. There's a small indent at the elbow where it's obvious from common sense and the picture that's where the other half of his arm goes.
But I can't get it to stick. I've got my fingers glued to the mini more successfully than the actual arm.
Any help would be great.
aaronAGN

Storm Master
Storm Master

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby clmckay » September 24th, 2017, 5:09 pm

I can sympathise with you. While I avoid pewter minis like the plague, I do have a ton of pewter/lead starship minis. For whatever damn reason there are some that will just not easily stick together with superglue, while another will go right together. There doesn't seem to be any correlation as to what does what.

I use plain old quick setting superglue. Cyanoacrylate , I believe. If youve gotten your mini all goofy with clusters of glue, take any get it off with a bit of nail polish remover and a soft toothbrush. Let dry completely and try again, get it up to body temp (squeeze it tight in your hand for a few seconds). Dip just a small drop of glue on a toothpick and place it on the larger body section. If the hand is super small use tweezers to get a good grip and try placing it again. If it still doesn't want to set after 30 seconds or so try again and see if you can "clamp" it in position with the tweezers or your thumb. If it sets after 5 minutes you can carefully rub some polish remover around your thumb to weaken that bond just enough to pull free without getting it into the joint.

Good luck!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
clmckay

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby aaronAGN » September 24th, 2017, 7:24 pm

Thanks for the advice. I'll give it a try.
aaronAGN

Storm Master
Storm Master

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » September 24th, 2017, 11:18 pm

...and lick or otherwise moisten the smaller part. The water accelerates the bonding process.
Optional: If both parts are thick enough we need to talk about pinning or greenstuffing.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:

Postby clmckay » September 25th, 2017, 9:23 am

Good Point.

I don't paint my minis, so I don't do this. When I moisten the piece the glue tends to dry a powdery white color (probably I used too much moisture), which stands out on an otherwise unpainted mini.

But, if you're painting then that would help quite a bit too.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
clmckay

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:

Postby knightkrawler » September 25th, 2017, 1:35 pm

clmckay wrote:Good Point.

I don't paint my minis, so I don't do this. When I moisten the piece the glue tends to dry a powdery white color (probably I used too much moisture), which stands out on an otherwise unpainted mini.

That's why I cover the whole mini in glue and spit. It's powdery white all over.
NO! DON'T DO THIS AT HOME! THIS IS A STUPID JOKE I HAD TO MAKE IN ORDER TO NOT DROP DEAD FROM NOT MAKING IT!
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:

Postby aaronAGN » September 25th, 2017, 8:05 pm

knightkrawler wrote:
clmckay wrote:Good Point.

That's why I cover the whole mini in glue and spit. It's powdery white all over.
NO! DON'T DO THIS AT HOME! THIS IS A STUPID JOKE I HAD TO MAKE IN ORDER TO NOT DROP DEAD FROM NOT MAKING IT!

HAHAHA You are ridiculous!!
aaronAGN

Storm Master
Storm Master

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby whitebeard » December 27th, 2017, 2:09 pm

Is this mini you were looking for?

https://wizkids.com/dnd-unpainted/
Has resigned from the forum and would delete his account if he could.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby aaronAGN » January 17th, 2018, 10:24 pm

Got it fixed.
It came off once or twice.
But i tried again and the adhesive seems to be holding quite nicely now.
aaronAGN

Storm Master
Storm Master

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Other Expansion Topics