• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Modifying Heroquest

Discuss other HeroQuest expansion topics that do not fit into the above categories.

Re: Modifying Heroquest

Postby aaronAGN » June 11th, 2017, 8:33 pm

Man these are awesome additions/modifications! You all are amazing. I've got a set of Miniatures and cards from HeroScape, Magic The Gathering: Shadows Over Innistrad, and Dragon Strike that I'm working on re-tooling into HeroQuest players and NPCs. I'm definitely going to peruse through all of these posts a few times for some serious inspiration. Hats off to you all. You are seriously good at expanding this already enchanting world. Kudos and thanks.
aaronAGN

Storm Master
Storm Master

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby aaronAGN » June 28th, 2017, 11:54 am

Writing a quest booklet at least 5 missions inspired by the first Warlock movie, the Warlock game and my own ideas.
aaronAGN

Storm Master
Storm Master

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby aaronAGN » July 6th, 2017, 7:13 am

So I was looking at some miniatures.
And came across this design:
Who I feel was totally inspired by the original from HQ:
aaronAGN

Storm Master
Storm Master

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » September 24th, 2017, 1:29 pm

Yeah, there's a lot of similarity there, but I prefer the Gargoyle's stance. Another similar model from ages past is the cloven-hooved Oldhammer bloodthirster. Actually, there have been many Bloodthirster models released over the years, at least one of which inspired the Hero Quest Gargoyle.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby aaronAGN » September 24th, 2017, 4:01 pm

Daedalus wrote:Yeah, there's a lot of similarity there, but I prefer the Gargoyle's stance. Another similar model from ages past is the cloven-hooved Oldhammer bloodthirster. Actually, there have been many Bloodthirster models released over the years, at least one of which inspired the Hero Quest Gargoyle.

Links? or Pics? I'd love to see the old school mini inspirations
aaronAGN

Storm Master
Storm Master

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » September 24th, 2017, 6:14 pm

UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby aaronAGN » September 24th, 2017, 7:26 pm

aaronAGN

Storm Master
Storm Master

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby SirRick » July 28th, 2022, 7:24 pm

I know this is a really old topic, but in reference to the TC’s first post, the Wizard’s weapon skill would be 1. Using that, the math works out. So for example weapon skill proficiency would look like this:

1: Dagger, Staff, no Armor (Wizard)
2: ??? (Hybrid character, like a cleric or something with restrictions on equipment between a Wizard and one of the fighting heroes)
3: All weapons, all armor (Barbarian, Dwarf, Elf)

I used a similar system for making my own slightly modified characters, but with 14 points to spend, because each character would automatically have a base defense of 2 combat dice (instead of spending two points for it).

*I forgot to mention the TC didn’t consider mind points to have a cost, which they should (like how most heroes body points and mind points added together equal 10)
Also each school of 3 spells should count as 1 point (equivalent to a special skill, like the dwarf’s trap ability).

Rewards:
Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
SirRick

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to Other Expansion Topics