• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Sparky's Stuff

Discuss other HeroQuest expansion topics that do not fit into the above categories.

Re: Sparky's Stuff

Postby Figomurphy » January 15th, 2016, 8:57 am

knightkrawler wrote:For open doors you could also try to physically look through the door into a room, make a sketch, and then paint that freehand on both sides.

I like this. I'd need to get someone with more talent than myself to help out. I'll ask my four year old :D :D :D

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
Figomurphy

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Goblin-King » January 15th, 2016, 9:28 am

Just remember it'll only look good from one exact angle!

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sparkymark » January 15th, 2016, 9:41 am

Goblin King; a perfect explanation of the door system and its Figo that needs the credit for this idea. I plan on making open doors using some of the suggestions on here, thanks.
Below i have been experimenting on how i might make secret doors. I have dry stacked a couple of small blocks from the Octogan tower mold #77. I will add a thin piece of black plastic to cover part of the wall to imitate a passage through the wall. I'm still un sure wether to make these a slide over piece like the doors or just have them placed against a wall.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Sparkymark

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » January 15th, 2016, 10:51 am

Goblin-King wrote:Just remember it'll only look good from one exact angle!

Yeah, I figured that, too. Then again, given the thickness of the door's frame and the general size of just around 20 mm of the inside being painted that way it can't be too disturbing. Worth a try.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sparkymark » January 22nd, 2016, 4:10 pm

image.jpeg
Here we are again with some more progress shots of the central room. I have added some of my minis to create a few scenes for effect.
I have got my first door piece painted up and i'm mounting my torch's on the door pillars. No where else to really put them.
I added some moss to the walls and tiles then a few other bits and bobs you'ed most likely find in a dungeon. In one of the photos you can see i put some self adhesive felt onto the underside. Just a little added touch to keep the wife happy with her furniture not getting scratches. ;)
I'm currently well on my way on one of the four quarter sections and i'll have pictures up soon.
Does anyone know how to make cobweb effects and what material to use? I was thinking a few cobwebs i some of the recesses would look pretty cool.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Sparkymark

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » January 22nd, 2016, 5:57 pm

Those few specks and splots of color and detail already do the trick. I would go a few steps further personally, but duuuude... awesome.
For the cobwebs, try to find a youtube tutorial or google "miniature spiderweb" or something. MAssive Voodoo might have come up with a tutorial for that idea, but I'm not sure.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Gold Bearer » January 22nd, 2016, 6:11 pm

Very nice. Now make a multi-storied posh mansion with actual burning candles! :mrgreen:
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Figomurphy » January 23rd, 2016, 11:12 am

That looks fantastic. I love the idea of the torches on the door frames, i struggled with that one. I'm stealing that idea. Where did you get the torches, which mold? Can't wait to see the rest of it.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
Figomurphy

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sparkymark » January 23rd, 2016, 3:56 pm

Knightkrawler; i have searched the web for... well webs, and its yielded nothing much. I have a few ideas i might try. Dungeons are bound to be full of webs, i'm thinking Indiana Jones here.

Goldbearer; One thing at a time. When the heros have completed all the quests and are loaded with gold coins, maybe i will have to build them a mansion then :)

Figomurphy; The torches are from mold #70 fieldstone wall mold. I made the flames myself out of milliput. Once i painted the flames, i drybrushed a little pale yellow onto the doorframe around the flame for effect.
Last edited by Sparkymark on January 23rd, 2016, 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rewards:
Sparkymark

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Gold Bearer » January 23rd, 2016, 4:12 pm

I was thinking for a vampire themed campaign that I have in mind. :twisted: Then you could take pictures of it and make it into tiles for us. :)
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Other Expansion Topics