• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[Group Quest][1 Quest] Aumetillien's Head

Discuss other HeroQuest expansion topics that do not fit into the above categories.

Re: The Demon Head - mini-encounter

Postby Big Bene » June 14th, 2018, 11:34 am

Anderas wrote:It also depends on the local dialect. I was shocked to hear that french, spoken by an angry south french mother to her annoying child, can be quite throaty. Like vomiting the language, really. :D
On the other hand, in the radio they always emphasize the softness in both voice and rhythm while speaking.
Won't tell my opinion on French here. There are great frenchmen around...
As for throaty, for someone who has heard (and did his best to speak) Arab on a regular basis, no European language qualifies as throaty.
Sexy? Well, Gaelic is a league of its own, but I would normally think of Italien or Spanish when asked for the sexiest language. German? Can't tell, really. There's no filter of translation, so I "hear" the meaning, rather than the sound. And as sex is about instinct, meaning is, well, not sexy.

And still, I like the encounter a lot and will definitely include it - somewhere, somehow. Probably in a PnP game.
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Goblin-King » June 14th, 2018, 4:13 pm

Big Bene wrote:I "hear" the meaning, rather than the sound. And as sex is about instinct, meaning is, well, not sexy.

Unless the meaning IS sexy? :lol: |_P

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby torilen » July 5th, 2018, 9:32 am

I don't have the time at this moment...I'll try to get to it tonight after I get up....
but I need to add at least two more pieces of knowledge Aumetillien will be able
to offer to the heroes. I'll just post them as a comment instead of updating the PDF.
I know updating PDF's is a pain.

Anyhow - here is the full mini-quest/encounter with Aumetillien, the Demon Head.
Enjoy!

heroquest aumetilliens head.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Previous

Return to Other Expansion Topics