• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Heoquest 40K

Discuss other HeroQuest expansion topics that do not fit into the above categories.

Re: Heoquest 40K

Postby Patroclus » March 11th, 2012, 5:55 am

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Patroclus

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Patroclus » March 11th, 2012, 5:58 am

Hero's Turn is over...
For a game with no GM, as the one I demonstrate, I use the solo-playing rules of this post (http://www.yeoldeinn.com/hqforum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1107&p=10850#p10850).

The chaos marine could attack the commander in melee combat, but this isn’t an option because the most weak hero is the psy-bolter.

(house rule) The enemies can’t charge to melee combat at will when the board have narrow rooms (as the Heroquest’s board). If the hero stops to an adjacent square(or attacks with melee), only then “this” enemy can begin to fight “him” back with melee attacks. (http://www.yeoldeinn.com/hqforum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=1040&start=10#p10071)

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Patroclus

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Bareheaded Warrior » October 17th, 2016, 5:16 pm

Never had or played Space Crusade as a kid but we did make up a Sci-Fi version of HeroQuest using the Space Hulk boards (I don't recall which version but I still have them somewhere) but we themed it as a party of Adventurers / Scavengers / Rogue Traders operating on the edge of Imperial Space (and indeed the Imperial Law) - 3 -5 strong - Merc, Techie/Engineer, Bounty Hunter, Pilot/Navigator (Psychic)

Missions / scenarios for the reward, such as assassination, bounty hunting, retrieval/rescue and so on, or just looted/salvaged from old hulks, abandoned settlements or research stations or even space stations.

The rules were basically straight HQ but substituting tech as appropriate blasters and bolt guns, pulse rifles and flamers, autocannon, combat shotgun, frag grenades, medi-kits, flak, mesh armour, carapace, powered armour, combat stims (injection as per potion) but between adventures you rolled on tables to see what was available for trade which we got from Confrontation (precursor to Necromunda) so more exotic weapons couldn't be used often as you couldn't get hold of the ammo.

Hostiles were 'stealers and hybrids, adeptus arbites and various low lives Scavvies and Mutants from Confrontation.

I don't think I still have the rules anywhere but you never know, that said for some reason it never was as popular as HQ (or even Space Hulk...)
:skull: = white skull, one "hit"
:blackshield: = black skull, one "hit"
:whiteshield: = shield, cancels out one "hit"

Editions: 1989 Original First Edition [FE] and Second Edition [SE], 1990 Remake [US], 2021 Remake [21]

HeroQuest Gold new edition based on Original 1989 HeroQuest, holes patched, dents hammered out, buffed to a shiny finish with ~50 common issues fixed for a smoother experience.

HQ Common Notification System to identify squares on the board
Bareheaded Warrior

Scout
Scout

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to Other Expansion Topics