• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Sparky's Stuff

Discuss other HeroQuest expansion topics that do not fit into the above categories.

Re: Sparky's Stuff

Postby j_dean80 » February 19th, 2017, 9:36 am

Looks great. I am jello.
Blood - Good to the last drop

Ye Olde Inn Quest Design Competition 2024 Joint Winner


Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Wrote an article for the Blog. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin
 
Posts: 2412
Images: 30
Joined: December 6th, 2016, 2:48 pm
Location: Illinois, USA
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Sparky's Stuff

Postby Showdown35 » February 20th, 2017, 1:24 pm

Toadstool growing out of the old broken skull... nice touch!
It's like a new pair of underwear; at first it's constrictive, but after a while it becomes a part of you. I have to go...

My HeroQuest Homebrew project site: http://www.showdowndave.ca/heroquest
User avatar
Showdown35

Gargoyle
Gargoyle
 
Posts: 130
Images: 9
Joined: January 22nd, 2015, 11:40 am
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Sparky's Stuff

Postby Sparkymark » March 5th, 2017, 6:37 am

Heres a couple more photo's with some more mini's i got painted up. I'm never sure how to get the light right when taking photo's. I just get close to a window and use natural daylight.
First up is a zombie horde :) A few of you commented on how terrible the warhammer zombies are. I kind of know where your coming from but they are cheap on ebay and the body parts should come in usefull later.

IMG_2268.JPG


And here is the Gargoyle. I wanted to keep him simple stone colours and looking looking like a statue magically brought to life by some evil spell.

IMG_2269.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Sparkymark

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord
 
Posts: 268
Joined: November 5th, 2014, 5:55 am
Location: Lancashire
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Sparky's Stuff

Postby knightkrawler » March 5th, 2017, 7:14 am

In that dungeon, your choice of minis doesn't matter as much.
It just looks wesome, anyway.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 5825
Images: 27
Joined: May 25th, 2012, 2:26 pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Sparky's Stuff

Postby cynthialee » March 5th, 2017, 11:38 am

Compared to the lame ass Hero Quest zombies...any zombie that somewhat fits the scale is a better zombie.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman
 
Posts: 1848
Images: 4
Joined: September 27th, 2011, 10:56 am
Location: the forests of Washington State
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Sparky's Stuff

Postby Sparkymark » April 9th, 2017, 3:51 pm

I got the 3rd quarter section of the Heroquest board built. All set for painting now. My enthusiasm for this project wanes a bit sometimes but then i remind myself it will be worth it in the end, so im determined to see this through.
Dont get me wrong, i enjoy it but im itching to get on building other things. I started making some secret passage prototypes and will post pictures to get folks opinions on these.

IMG_2343.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Sparkymark

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord
 
Posts: 268
Joined: November 5th, 2014, 5:55 am
Location: Lancashire
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Sparky's Stuff

Postby Jafazo » April 9th, 2017, 4:03 pm

That's one hell of a project & it's looking wonderful. Definitely enjoying the pics, keep'em coming.
Unless you specify your version I'm going by the US rules.
User avatar
Jafazo

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion
 
Posts: 199
Joined: September 1st, 2014, 3:52 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Sparky's Stuff

Postby Figomurphy » April 9th, 2017, 5:01 pm

Sparkymark wrote:I got the 3rd quarter section of the Heroquest board built. All set for painting now. My enthusiasm for this project wanes a bit sometimes but then i remind myself it will be worth it in the end, so im determined to see this through.
Dont get me wrong, i enjoy it but im itching to get on building other things. I started making some secret passage prototypes and will post pictures to get folks opinions on these.

IMG_2343.JPG



I'm with you on that. It's such a huge project. It's looks amazing though. The fun will be in filling the dungeon with furniture and other scenery.
I've just finished my 3rd quarter build (not including centre room) and I can't wait to finish the last build.
If I'm totally honest, every time I see an update from you it pushes me to do more :D
What way are you varnishing it?


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
Figomurphy

Necromancer
Necromancer
 
Posts: 323
Images: 3
Joined: September 21st, 2015, 6:14 pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Sparky's Stuff

Postby Sparkymark » April 10th, 2017, 4:18 am

Figomurphy wrote:
Sparkymark wrote:I got the 3rd quarter section of the Heroquest board built. All set for painting now. My enthusiasm for this project wanes a bit sometimes but then i remind myself it will be worth it in the end, so im determined to see this through.
Dont get me wrong, i enjoy it but im itching to get on building other things. I started making some secret passage prototypes and will post pictures to get folks opinions on these.

IMG_2343.JPG



I'm with you on that. It's such a huge project. It's looks amazing though. The fun will be in filling the dungeon with furniture and other scenery.
I've just finished my 3rd quarter build (not including centre room) and I can't wait to finish the last build.
If I'm totally honest, every time I see an update from you it pushes me to do more :D
What way are you varnishing it?


IMG_2344.JPG


I bought a can of Army Painter Anti Shine matt varnish. I never used it yet so carnt say how good a job it does. I was planning on spraying the whole lot in one go when the board is finished.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Sparkymark

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord
 
Posts: 268
Joined: November 5th, 2014, 5:55 am
Location: Lancashire
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Sparky's Stuff

Postby knightkrawler » April 10th, 2017, 7:57 am

It has a good reputation and I'll wager it's perfectly fine for the dungeon.
Just make sure any pastel pigments are used after varnishing because they'll oxidize/blacken.
The pigments we have for our hobby specifically work with varnish (AK, MiG, Vallejo, and all that stuff)
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 5825
Images: 27
Joined: May 25th, 2012, 2:26 pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Other Expansion Topics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest