Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!
Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.


Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!
Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.
torilen wrote:phoenixcinder - Cards like that are pretty easy to implement. I've talked to others on various threads and
we've all agreed, for the most part, that any speciality cards/skills/etc. should be given at a rate of 1 per
3 quests completed. Depending on what the cards do and how important they are to combat and casting
and such, you could even let heroes draw from different decks or types of cards each time they are able
to do so.
Mine, for example - I like to put in a lot more roleplaying aspects to my games than other players do, so
I made knowledge skills and tracking skills. I would probably make all of the knowledge cards a whole
separate deck for the heroes to choose from, so my players would probably get two skill cards every three
quests completed. If nothing else, I see it as a way for them to round their characters out and make them
seem more real, even if the skills don't get used much. A player can say, "Hey, my character knows a lot
about flowers and mosses." while others players can say they know something else.


phoenixcinder wrote:very nice. I made similar cards and called them instances into three 30 card decks (combat, defence and movement) .Not fully sure how to integrate them into the game lol











Return to Other Expansion Topics
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests