• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Double Doors!

Discuss Tile creation and share Tiles you've created.

Re: Double Doors!

Postby el_flesh » June 24th, 2014, 2:47 pm

I hate to say it this late - but couldn't you make double doors using ONE door base in the middle?
Just in case you run out of door bases.
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby GimmeYerGold » June 24th, 2014, 3:58 pm

el_flesh wrote:I hate to say it this late - but couldn't you make double doors using ONE door base in the middle?

That would be easier, but as far as wanting to use a double-wide base, that's strictly an aesthetics thing for me. I also have a player who draws maps of our quests, and he likes to know how many squares everything takes up :)

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
GimmeYerGold

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby The Road Warrior » June 24th, 2014, 4:04 pm

el_flesh wrote:I hate to say it this late - but couldn't you make double doors using ONE door base in the middle?

I did this and wasn't very happy with the result.

I like Ethica's solution the best but it means butchering 2 bases to make 1!
Join in the community project.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
The Road Warrior

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby GimmeYerGold » June 24th, 2014, 5:07 pm

The Road Warrior wrote:

I did this and wasn't very happy with the result.

I really like your approach. What don't you like about it? It's very apparent that the door is double door is all senses of the word, even when only one base is used, which is something I was concerned with when approaching the idea myself. Simple, and economical.

The Road Warrior wrote:I like Ethica's solution the best but it means butchering 2 bases to make 1!

Thanks for showing me this, Road Warrior! I actually just ordered a bunch of extra bases, and might take a literal stab at butchering a few of them, after I fix my double door pdf to satisfaction...

This whole project came out of my wanting to prevent bottlenecks in dungeons... those Warhammer Quest double doors are too expensive and only come in "open" :p and modding is more fun!

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
GimmeYerGold

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby The Road Warrior » June 24th, 2014, 6:22 pm

GimmeYerGold wrote:I really like your approach. What don't you like about it? It's very apparent that the door is double door is all senses of the word, even when only one base is used, which is something I was concerned with when approaching the idea myself. Simple, and economical.

I don't really like the way they look, especially the tabs above the vertical sections of the door bases.

As far as using them in the game they are perfectly adequate, no one has ever had any trouble understanding what they are or how they should be used (and I only play HQ with my children aged 7 and 5). And as el_flesh originally pointed out it saves on door bases that are limited in number if you only have one set.

I think my main problem was I had already seen Ethica's doors but at the time I didn't have a spare set of door bases to make my own.
Join in the community project.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
The Road Warrior

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Spookyhappyfun » August 10th, 2017, 2:54 pm

I don't know if a single base double door was ever made, but I'm a fan of these double doors at the top of the thread. They may be a little clunky and take up extra bases, but I've been meaning to buy more bases anyway, and I love that they match.

Thanks. GimmeYerGold!

Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Spookyhappyfun

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to Tiles