• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Printer recommendations?

Discuss Tile creation and share Tiles you've created.

Printer recommendations?

Postby Ragnar IronFist » June 13th, 2014, 11:38 am

I'm digging many of these tile and terrain sources! I have a basic inkjet that does a dandy job for the day-to-day family use. But I'm pretty certain it will drink those costly ink cartridges and probably die pretty quick if I were to bust out a terrain-printing campaign. I'm pretty sure the colors would be not-so-strong, bleedy, and pretty off from the source too.

Do most of you who do this use laser? High capacity? Any specific model you recommend the most? Experiences with different printers? Just wondering if folks here have some advice on printers...as well as paper/card stock... For all the nice printable resources here...
Ragnar IronFist

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Printer recommendations?

Postby Teldurn » June 13th, 2014, 11:58 am

I don't know about specific printers, I just have a plain Epson inkjet something. But for paper, I've found that 110lb card stock is great for printing cards on.
War is not the answer...unless the question is, 'What is not the answer?'

Check out Broadsword, a love letter to 90s dungeon crawling board games.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Destroyed a Zombie!Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Teldurn

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Printer recommendations?

Postby clmckay » June 13th, 2014, 1:06 pm

I use a HP COlor LaserJet CP1518. The toner things are expensive but they actually alst a long time. The color quality is very good. My only two gripes are:
1) If I print a large number all at once, sometimes the heavier cardstock will faux jam (not really jam but but fail to grab the next page and think there's a jam) and
2) When printing a lot at once, after a while it gets so it leaves little....not streaks or smudges...but small bits where it doesn't properly transfer to the page - always at the top of the page, never in the middles of the pages/tiles.

Otherwise, it's great. I use that method to print bunches of tiles prior to laminating/cutting them.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
clmckay

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Return to Tiles