• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Printing Full Fan-Made Boards

Discuss Tile creation and share Tiles you've created.

Re: Printing Full Fan-Made Boards

Postby StratosVX » August 17th, 2014, 8:51 pm

You might want to look into chip board instead of wood for the support of the map. You can get it online or in some hobby stores.

Also, I really like that printed board. Very nice looking. That gives a the board less of a cavern feel.

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX
I hate snakes, Jacques...

Scout
Scout

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Fimm McCool » August 18th, 2014, 12:46 pm

A laser will cut in different fashions depending on the profile you give certain lines. For instance, in preparing a file for our cutter blue is vector engraving (for engraving lines), black is raster engraving (for pictures) and red is cut through. I used a scan of the board, converted it into black and white, adjusted the contrast to get a clear picture and then fiddled with some bits that looked wrong until I had a clear but textured board. Then the laser etched the design on and I painted it up.

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Fimm McCool

Goblin
Goblin

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » August 18th, 2014, 2:09 pm

We are truly living in the days of tomorrow. Laser-cutting, 3D-printing and we are SOOOO close to finally getting flying cars!

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby mako-heart » August 18th, 2014, 8:00 pm

Fimm McCool wrote:A laser will cut in different fashions depending on the profile you give certain lines. For instance, in preparing a file for our cutter blue is vector engraving (for engraving lines), black is raster engraving (for pictures) and red is cut through. I used a scan of the board, converted it into black and white, adjusted the contrast to get a clear picture and then fiddled with some bits that looked wrong until I had a clear but textured board. Then the laser etched the design on and I painted it up.

Nice work George Jettson :roll:
ALL YOUR WALL SPELL BASES ARE BELONG TO US!!!

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
mako-heart

High Mage
High Mage

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » August 19th, 2014, 3:07 pm

I'm still waiting for the hoverboards and self-knotting laces from Back to the Future. 2014 seemed SO far away then xD
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Daedalus » September 2nd, 2014, 5:56 pm

Laser-engraved doors and furniture would be cool. Same goes for trap, secret door, rubble, and blocked square tiles.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Previous

Return to Tiles