• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

How I Use the DragonStike Boards

Discuss Tile creation and share Tiles you've created.

How I Use the DragonStike Boards

Postby shy-design » March 2nd, 2013, 6:08 pm

hi all.. here is a look at the the Dragon Strike Boards... Some of you might have these in your collection, they are a great addition to my HQ games and add a lot of variety to gameplay. My players espcially like getting outside of the HQ dungeon board every now and then :mrgreen: .. just thought I would share with everyone how I have incorporated them into my HQ world.

Last edited by shy-design on March 5th, 2013, 10:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
shy-design

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: How I Use the DragonStike Boards

Postby shy-design » March 2nd, 2013, 6:17 pm

first up is the valley board. The first thing I noticed about this one was that there appears to be a raised hill at the bottom right quadrant. I chose to make a 3-d hill to create a little more variety on the board. this way heroes can step up the hill to "reveal" what is on top, much like opening a dungeon door. here is a step by step.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by shy-design on March 2nd, 2013, 6:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
shy-design

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby shy-design » March 2nd, 2013, 6:19 pm

the space that occupies the incline or path to the hilltop is able to hold a miniature in place.
In my game the pillars are actually waystones that can transport the heroes to different quest maps or sometimes they find a chaos sorcerer summoning some evil monsters through the stone portal. I tend to mix it up. :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
shy-design

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Maike05 » March 2nd, 2013, 7:18 pm

Moar plz! :D

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Maike05

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby torilen » March 2nd, 2013, 9:38 pm

That raised hill looks great...that would be an excellent piece to anyone's collection.
How did you make it?

On another note - not to kill your buzz, but I think the area in which you placed that raised hill...that is actually a valley.
The picture, to me, appears to be that of cliffs going 'in' toward the valley...and notice the river - the waterfalls fall down
to left to right in the picture you've shown us.

Sorry to point that out.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » March 3rd, 2013, 2:53 am

No, Torilen, then the valley would have to lie lower than the stream/river. There are those dotted lines showing the level difference between stream and "area from now on called hill", so that the stream would run exactly along the borderline of "the area not to be called valley anymore". The stream can't run along a raised edge.
Also, in the Dragon Strike rules the area is clearly shown and described as a plateau which heroes can climb.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby wolfie907 » March 3rd, 2013, 3:02 am

do you have more pics that is a sweet idea

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
wolfie907

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » March 3rd, 2013, 4:54 am

that is awesome! :O
Something to put on my incredibly long list of things to make for HQ.

And I agree that the area is raised. The water falls down from the pond, and flows along a cliff face. If it were a valley, the water would flood the valley.
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby bruenor » March 3rd, 2013, 6:21 am

Looks great!!
I'd forgotten how good those boards looked, sold my copy about 15 years ago take or give.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges.
bruenor

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » March 3rd, 2013, 8:46 am

I received my copy two days ago.
Godawful minis, great boards - which I WILL incorporate into HQ - and some rules to think about...
like the combat system when one opponent is flying.
The rule system is very very close to HQ...

And great work with that hill.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Next

Return to Tiles