by Big Bene » May 23rd, 2017, 2:52 am
graphically, to call the tiles "professional" would not do them justice, they are perfect, in every possble way.
If you appreciate constructive critics...
I think in some tiles, the edge squares are ambigous. Some have the "trees" exactly covering half of them, so it's hard to tell if they are avayiable "player space" or not.
I'm also not a big fan of the overlayd pattern. One of the things I like about original HQ is how the "real" flooring of the game-word dungeon acts as the gaming grid. In my mind, true perfection would be reached if there would be a way to have the square pattern as a "natural" feature of the forest graphic (and still looking good). But I can't think of a way to achieve this, either. One could use different colored leaves or something like that, but this wold probably look more artificial than your pattern. By the way, as far as "overlay patterns" go, yours is as perfect as one can get. Perhaps you could have used a darkened tone of the underground instead of real black.