• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

HeroQuest Compatible Miniatures

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

Re: HeroQuest Compatible Miniatures

Postby Fallensaviour » January 7th, 2022, 9:13 pm

lestodante wrote:Time to update this topic:
Image Image
Image Image

Miniatures painted by: Maxyc.Arte - Goblingreenery - Ed_the_8th

That figure is a perfect fit to the original aesthetic,well done.
Now where’s it from???….

Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie!
Fallensaviour

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby lestodante » January 8th, 2022, 12:51 pm

It's a custom sculpt made by friends of mine.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Gatch » January 10th, 2022, 5:41 pm

If you don't have a 3D printer and don't mind something more cutesy, the tabletop friendly versions of these custom figures seems to work quite well on, at the very least, the 2021 boards. Though you'll still have to let the seller know what you want out of these and give her either a description or a picture of what you have in mind.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/891266328/ ... e_active_1
Gatch

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Postby Spookyhappyfun » January 11th, 2022, 4:17 pm

I've been seeing pictures of these (lestodante's female wizard) pop up on Instagram and I love this mini! I'm really hoping I can get my hands on one!
Last edited by Spookyhappyfun on January 26th, 2022, 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Spookyhappyfun

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Farwatcher » January 13th, 2022, 6:33 pm

The sculpt quality isn't as good, but the game Shadows Over Camelot includes 8 Pict & Saxon warrior miniatures that are the right scale for the remake. They're chaos/dread-grey unpainted, and stand in nicely -- I used them to replace the orcs and goblins as brigands in the first two quests of Spirit Queen's Torment.

Shadows Over Camelot also includes a couple of pieces of scenery -- a font, a suit of armor -- that feel like they could be used for something. There are also a bunch of tiny catapults if you want to give your goblins some kind-of-goofy ranged artillery ;)

-FW
Farwatcher

Zombie
Zombie

Forum Language: British English
Hero:

Postby Stig » January 14th, 2022, 3:43 pm

These are *lemony goodness* hot!

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Stig

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby b_0 » February 28th, 2024, 2:08 pm

I thought I should mention a good value on some heroquest compatible miniatures.
I recently got a set of Kev Adams goblins from impact miniatures. They are spin cast resin, but seem to be a bit sturdier than the 3d printer resin I've been using(still more fragile than plastic though). 31 well sculpted miniatures for $35 seems reasonable to me: https://impact-miniatures.myshopify.com/products/heartbreaker-fantasy-armies-kev-adams-31-goblin-army?_pos=1&_sid=f8498afa9&_ss=r

Someone made a video about them here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pSoec0Aoz8

And be sure to watch this video about working with resin miniatures before working on them:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6iDEuU3J20
b_0

Mummy
Mummy

Postby cornixt » February 28th, 2024, 2:53 pm

Those are really nice, and that is great value. I love Kev Adams' sculpts, the best style of Goblins in my opinion.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
cornixt

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Thor-in » March 19th, 2024, 6:57 pm

There have been a few games that I received off Kickstarter that have some great minis that can work for the new release of HQ.

Orc Quest
Heroes of Might and Magic III

I'll take some comparison photos this weekend and upload them. Finally getting a game night after like 6 months.
:skeleton: "In The End We Are All Shadows and Dust" :skeleton:

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Thor-in

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Spookyhappyfun » April 7th, 2024, 9:02 am

It's wild to go back several pages in this thread, and just a few years before the new game was released, and remember how hard it was to find quality minis that matched the style of the old figures. And now with 3D printing and places like Minis3D, it's so easy to find figures to match both the original and the remake game. We're truly living in a golden age!

I know that my collection of minis is basically complete with all of the originals for all of the expansions, almost all of the monopose oldhammer minis from the era with a similar style, and all new fan-made figures that all fit in perfectly. I honestly have more minis than I know what to do with and my roster of monsters is overflowing. And I love it! I need to post some pictures up here at the Inn someday.

Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Spookyhappyfun

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to Miniatures