• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Opinion of Mantic Miniatures

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

Opinion of Mantic Miniatures

Postby Tomkat364 » April 5th, 2018, 2:17 pm

[This topic was moved from Board index ‹ HeroQuest Rooms ‹ General HeroQuest Discussion on 4/19/18. -edit]

I had been looking at getting some additional minis for homebrew, and came across Mantic products. There are two specific products I'm looking at, and I was hoping someone on here could give an opinion of overall quality as well as if they would "fit in" with the Heroquest models (primarily if they are roughly the same scale and aesthetic).

Dungeon Saga: Dwarf King's Quest
and
Kings of War, specifically the Dwarf Ironclads and/or Shieldbreakers.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated as well.
Last edited by Daedalus on April 18th, 2018, 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved topic
Tomkat364

Fimir
Fimir

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Opinion of Mantic Miniatures

Postby clmckay » April 5th, 2018, 2:38 pm

I have both...and I have used both in HQ.

It depends a lot on how much of a stickler you are on your models all matching perfectly scale-wise.

Mantics are bit smaller....and thinner. HQ and old Warhammer stuff have that kind of chunky or thick appearance. Mantics stuff doesn't. So it's just a bit shorter substantially thinner when used side-by side.

Quality-wise, the Mantic stuff just isn't up to par with the GW/HQ stuff, but for the price it's not really that bad.

The furniture that comes with Dungeon Saga is sort of rubbery and substantially smaller than the HQ stuff. I don't use it with the HQ stuff, it's too big a difference for me, personally.

If you look through the blog, Sjeng did a nice photo illustrated quest where he used some mantic zombies and skeletons (I think), it'll give a basic side/by/side.

Overall, given the cost, its not a bad option.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
clmckay

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Opinion of Mantic Miniatures

Postby Spookyhappyfun » April 9th, 2018, 2:19 pm

Could you post a picture of a comparison of some of the furniture? I was looking into getting some of those, but I might not if they look different enough.

Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Spookyhappyfun

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Return to Miniatures