• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

My minis

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

Re: My minis

Postby Anderas » April 21st, 2020, 4:02 am

I just checked my brushes.
Recently I used Da Vinci size 2 and 3, and "Vernissage" size 10. Also a rugged old square brush for the rust on the chaos warrior.

The size 10 is for big stuff, like the top of those wooden tables, when I didn't want to have stripes. When I wanted the stripes, for the wood imitate, I used the small one.

Ok, Sorcerers Table, final update.
I put one thin layer of gray and two irregular layers of white on top, then I emphasized only very small black areas from what have been very broad black areas yesterday.
Also, I made the Bookmark yellow in the bottom area because my daughter wanted it so.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Anderas » April 21st, 2020, 10:06 am

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby DullandRusty » April 21st, 2020, 1:29 pm

Well done!
DullandRusty

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Weltenlaeufer » April 22nd, 2020, 4:58 am

Thanks for the brush info Anderas, I gotta get some of these! The altar looks perfect!

And the throne man...your detailwork on your pieces is amazing.

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Weltenlaeufer

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » April 27th, 2020, 11:48 am

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Stig » April 27th, 2020, 2:57 pm

Weltenlaeufer wrote:Do you have any recommendations Anderas on a good brush?

Windsor and Newton series 7. You'll never look back. I'd say a size 2 and size 1 would be a good start.

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Stig

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Weltenlaeufer » April 28th, 2020, 7:20 am

Anderas, got the wetpalette. Thanks again for the tip, painting with this is much more fun and less of a mess now and the paint actually stays wet!

@Stig: Thanks for the tip as well! Brushes are next.

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Weltenlaeufer

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Tott » April 28th, 2020, 12:06 pm

Andreas, I think the way you managed to paint the HQ map onto the book on the sorcerors table may, quite possibly, be the best thing ive ever seen on this site. :p
LOVE IT!
Tott

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Stig » April 28th, 2020, 3:20 pm

Weltenlaeufer wrote:Anderas, got the wetpalette. Thanks again for the tip, painting with this is much more fun and less of a mess now and the paint actually stays wet!

@Stig: Thanks for the tip as well! Brushes are next.

If you want to get into painting, I cannot recommend Massive Voodoo highly enough. They tackle all topics that you're going to encounter. Here's their take on the wet palette:

http://massivevoodoo.blogspot.com/2013/ ... te-20.html

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Stig

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » April 28th, 2020, 3:41 pm

Yes, Massive Voodoo really is a great site. An eternity ago I was also taking their beginners course over a weekend despite being quite capable of painting already. It was a lots of fun weekend indeed and I learned a lot indeed, also Roman can be fun.

I can highly recommend that for sure.

Tott, thanks a lot for that compliment!

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Miniatures