• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

The Rookery

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

Re: The Rookery

Postby knightkrawler » March 8th, 2015, 3:51 am

New players? Both, first Maze, then Trial. First learn the rules while going instead of you talking.
Experienced players? Only the Trial.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Pitbullsandaks » March 10th, 2015, 9:31 am

I agree with knightkrawler. Maze will be boring for advanced players, unless you just want to make a quick 100 gp. As for rook... Keep those beautiful mini pics coming

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Pitbullsandaks

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Rook » March 10th, 2015, 10:10 pm

Progress continues, with tonight's project being Skeletons. These things ended up being a bit of a pain as I was originally going to go with the drybrush of doom plan and I ended up not being happy with the results. Fast forward and I end up painting all the bones the old fashioned way and working my way from Chaos Black through the Screaming Skull/White Scar. I'm very pleased with the final result, even if it doesn't show through the picture below (Still working on that part).

On the huge plus side the undead part of the first core set is done! |_P

Next I should really do greenskins, but I know I'm not going to... so the debate comes down to which hero to do next... Dwarf, Barbarian, Female Barbarian, or the Female Elf...

Decisions decisions...

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Rook
A dense collection of housing

Fimir
Fimir

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Pitbullsandaks » March 10th, 2015, 11:08 pm

Im excited to see that stumpy guy!

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Pitbullsandaks

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Rook » March 11th, 2015, 8:38 pm

So I ended up rewarding myself and painted up my Dwarf! This was a labour of love for me, as he was always my favourite when I played as a kid (And likely had something to do with my rather large Warhammer Dwarf army). I know some folks say he's 'the thief class of HeroQuest', but I always found that to be a total misrepresentation. Where a thief, in say D&D or some other RPG, is likely to do the Indiana Jones thing and clog up traps with a stone, or disarm a trap simply by running past it, I always picture the Dwarf grumbling about inferior manling-made traps as he's picking out a weak point in a wall so it tumbles to fill a pit, or putting together a mixture of sand to fill in pressure plates while wondering aloud how the party would make do without Dwarvish skill, or complaining about the damned grobi as he reaches into a concealed spear trap and simply breaks off the pointy end.

Needless to say, I'm looking forward to playing Kellar's Keep :dwarf:

I am slowly getting better at this whole picture taking thing. This is closer, but there is still colour issues (Beard looks flat, still too dark, etc), so still a work in progress. I am quite chuffed with how he looks in person, so folks will simply have to imagine some higher level of Dwarfy craftmanship!

Next I really should start on more greenskins...

As I'm also getting nearer to actually playing, I'm also now starting to look at things to add to the experience. I don't want to overload things, since it could become incredibly complex very fast (Especially with some of the downright epic mods the folks in this community have come up with) so I'm thinking of just making the Alchemist shop available from the get go and using a slightly more advanced character sheet than the ones provided. Any recommendations?

Oh, and maybe some audio from http://www.tabletopaudio.com/

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Rook

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Pitbullsandaks » March 11th, 2015, 9:58 pm

He looks great! Also your dwarf interp hits the nail on the head for me. I always thought of the elf the most thief like. Like a rouge

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Pitbullsandaks

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby slev » March 12th, 2015, 8:37 am

Somewhere, I have a large character sheet. I can dig it out if it would help. It's an enlarged version of the one from the ADK.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
slev

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Rook » March 12th, 2015, 7:50 pm

slev wrote:Somewhere, I have a large character sheet. I can dig it out if it would help. It's an enlarged version of the one from the ADK.

Oooh I totally appreciate that! Not entirely sure which way I'm going to go with it yet, as there are parts of the ADK I love (Feels a bit more like the UK version that I started with), but there are also parts of drathe's Character Booklet I really like (Base stats, specific quest check boxes, etc). I may just use the standard one until I get my Zargon-legs back.

Rewards:
Rook

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Pitbullsandaks » March 12th, 2015, 8:25 pm

Ok rook, let's have a look at today's gems!

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Pitbullsandaks

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Rook » March 12th, 2015, 9:21 pm

Not much on the update front tonight; Baby Rook and I both have colds and spent the evening stretched out on the couch watching cartoons. After he went to bed I did get some base colours done, so at least some progress was made before I had to switched over to medicated Rook and called it a night.

Not much to see, but this is all I have left to do from my first core set :D

Oh wait... plus 1 fimir I forgot in the simple green... oh, and the Barbarian...

... darnit :skull:

Rewards:
Rook

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Miniatures