• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

My HQ painted collection

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

Re: My HQ painted collection

Postby Goblin-King » September 28th, 2013, 12:47 pm

Aaaaand he own a female elf... And probably the rest of the set too.
Man! Look at their faces! Incredible paint job.

Now ban him!

Sarcasm: But seriously we love you! Please stay forever! /Sarcasm

Did I use the sarcasm tag correct? ;)

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby knightkrawler » September 28th, 2013, 1:14 pm

I hate that sarcasm tag. It will make us stupid and unattentive. And then we will go at each other's throats.
just so you know: I won't probably use it.
Sarcasm is a rhetoric instrument that has to be interpreted out of or into an uttered text, spoken or written.
How will you guys ever get any of chaoticprime's oneliners straight?

By the way, I got your usage of the sarcasm tag and this smilie: ;) That's sarcasm in the use of a sarcasm tag right there. Got it? The tag is useless if the reader has a, say, brain.
At least I hope I interpreted that right, because otherwise G-K really hates Remy.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » October 3rd, 2013, 6:16 pm

Seeing RemyT's work makes me think this forum needs an inadequacy tag. Seeing his work is great for reference and makes for uber eye-candy, but I come out of it convinced tabletop quality is good enough for me.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby IvenBach » October 3rd, 2013, 8:33 pm

I just have to remember that life's not fair and I'm on the bad part of right now. His work is crazy good but probably took years to get there. He even mentions it so that makes me feel not as bad. Still envious at what he did though... But in a good way.

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
IvenBach
The NEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby RemyT » October 4th, 2013, 4:16 am

Hi guys,
Simply think about it. For 13 years I passed at least 4 hours a day into miniatures during highschool, then the same during my science faculty wich I failed because of it, painting from 19 to 1 in the morning. I moved into an artschool working from 9 to 23 everyday week end included for 3 years and then working freelance usually 8 to 10 hour by day splitted between sculpting and painting... So I don't make any sport, don't have too much girlfriend (only my wife in fact) and lost most of my buddy from school. I'm just kind of crazy about miniatures, that's simply my whole life, sad or not I want it like that and it's ok for me. If you have a normal life, you can't have those crazy skills some of the guys in the industry have. I'm only good at making miniatures, I don't have any other job or skill.
So don't be jealous, just enjoy the time you spent on miniatures and forget about the result. In the end seeking for perfection turns people mad and frustated.

Cheers,

Rémy

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
RemyT

Zombie
Zombie

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby chaoticprime » October 4th, 2013, 5:34 am

RemyT wrote:Hi guys,
Simply think about it. For 13 years I passed at least 4 hours a day into miniatures during highschool, then the same during my science faculty wich I failed because of it, painting from 19 to 1 in the morning. I moved into an artschool working from 9 to 23 everyday week end included for 3 years and then working freelance usually 8 to 10 hour by day splitted between sculpting and painting... So I don't make any sport, don't have too much girlfriend (only my wife in fact) and lost most of my buddy from school. I'm just kind of crazy about miniatures, that's simply my whole life, sad or not I want it like that and it's ok for me. If you have a normal life, you can't have those crazy skills some of the guys in the industry have. I'm only good at making miniatures, I don't have any other job or skill.
So don't be jealous, just enjoy the time you spent on miniatures and forget about the result. In the end seeking for perfection turns people mad and frustated.

Cheers,

Rémy

I have the same problem with them--I always have had. But also with a lot of other interests--I master few of them.. Miniature painting is a skill that I relegate to technique over experience. My wife was better than me, sooner than me, so I went on to do other things.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » October 4th, 2013, 6:57 am

I highly respect a man who pursues a dream 100% and is in the end able to make a living of what he loves. Nothing sad about that! AT ALL!
Sports is for nerds anyway! The cool kids are into minis!

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Spiky » October 4th, 2013, 8:40 am

Being paid to do something you love sounds amazing! :)

Excellent work again! I really like the edging on the warrior's shield - It's the little additions like this that really make the models pop in my view

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie!
Spiky

Necromancer
Necromancer

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » October 4th, 2013, 8:58 am

For me, it's often about color choice.
Like for the AHQ warrior... I can't get over how awesome his boots and gloves compliment the rest of him thanks to the light tan color.
Beautiful.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby IvenBach » October 4th, 2013, 12:36 pm

So long as you can function in society, are self sufficient and provide for yourself, and produce more stuff like this it's all good.

chaoticprime wrote:My wife [is] better than me...

I'm sure every married man will admit that, whether it's true or not :p.

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
IvenBach
The NEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Miniatures