• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

My HQ painted collection

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

Re: My HQ painted collection

Postby Homunkoloso » April 19th, 2016, 2:52 am

hi..friend..what color use you for the gargoyle skin??
Homunkoloso

Forum Language: Español
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Maike05 » April 19th, 2016, 1:50 pm

I dry brushed mine like this :d

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Maike05

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby whitebeard » April 19th, 2016, 7:27 pm

Wow. How did I miss this thread? Wow. I guess Remy has moved on... no doubt supporting the endless supply of Kickstarter miniatures.

That is the first Barbarian I've seen that even comes close to the box cover! Incredible.
Has resigned from the forum and would delete his account if he could.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » April 20th, 2016, 12:41 am

Consider all the details that have been painted on a flat Barbarian instead being there from the beginning. :)
I was quite taken by surprise when I saw this thread yesterday the first time. THE Remy was doing HQ! And now he is banned for making us feel small. :D

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » April 20th, 2016, 3:07 am

I remember our initial reactions like yesterday.
I started buying paints and brushes on September 25th, 2013 and painting in Novemeber. The guy has left a legacy.
But... he was logged in this January, so I guess he's still interested.
Remy, if you read this, we want you back. Post pictures of anything you'd like to share, it doesn't have to be HeroQuest.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » May 29th, 2016, 6:05 am

I'm still amazed by the detail in that Halfling. My god. IMPOSSIBRU!
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Thor-in » August 23rd, 2016, 8:10 pm

All of them are great looking miniatures, I have started painting again in my "free" time. I don't think they (mine) are anything special because I have had a problem with the realistic and blending aspect of painting them, it also may not help that I'm using cheap acrylic paint where the pigment is not as fine as the better paint like citadel or vallejo.
:skeleton: "In The End We Are All Shadows and Dust" :skeleton:

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Thor-in

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Figomurphy » August 24th, 2016, 9:04 am

Ah FFS! My painting now looks like a 2 year olds!!! Remy, if you ever come back, please do a video of how you painted that Barbarian. I can't get my head around how its even possible. I'll even send you a barbarian!
Truly works of art. Thank you.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
Figomurphy

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Mophus » August 26th, 2016, 10:03 pm

:shock: I totally missed that magnificent thread. I've seen the minis of Remy on the web. Nice to see higher resolution pics of the miniatures. in my humble opinion this paintjob is better than Mike McVeys'. I'm interested in the used techniques, too. Do you have a preferred brand of inks?

Rewards:
Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges.
Mophus

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Forum Language: Deutsch
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby RemyT » September 6th, 2016, 8:10 am

Hi here.
Well I'm guess that I'm a kind of ghost ;).
The truth is that I'm moved from Heroquest for a long time mostly painting other board games. Plus a ton a new sculpture for Coolminiornot.
The good news is that I'm back again on heroquest as I'm playing with my game at a convention in Belgium during November. So I'll post some pictures for you then. I had to do the library, tomb and treasure chest.
For those who want to see my work outside from HQ here are the links : http://hobbytimeblog.blogspot.fr/, you should find all my Hobby stuff.
http://remytremblay-sculpture.blogspot.fr/ and this blog is for my professionnal work. It's only updated when I can show my work so no so often.

About my painting on heroquest. I'm using the techniques from Mike McVey : base colour over white undercoat applied in successives glazes to keep the white of the base coat visible. Then Highlights with white added to the base color until pure white. Glazes too. And I'll glazes the mini with darker and darker tints. I use for this FW inks so I have the most vibrant color posible plus a smoother transition.

For my most recent stuff the techniques are the ones from the Eavy metal team; black undercoat, base coat, wash then highlights.
See you soon.

Cheers,

Rémy

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
RemyT

Zombie
Zombie

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Miniatures