• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

some of Zep's painted figs (pic heavey!)

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

Re: some of Zep's painted figs (pic heavey!)

Postby Phoenix » March 6th, 2009, 11:29 pm

a picture may say a thousand words, but seeing them in front of you...

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!

They are the coolest and most awesome miniatures i've seen!!! The way the highlights were done, the tiniest bits of detail...WOW. My favorite were the eyes on the mummies. That was pretty cool!

Can't wait to see/experience more!!

Excellent job!

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Sunday January 20th, 2008 02:44pm

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
The Great
Phoenix

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby zep » March 6th, 2009, 11:30 pm

Muchas gracias!

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Sunday January 20th, 2008 03:18pm
Rosemary baby, I got the thyme
zep

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: English (United States)
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » March 6th, 2009, 11:31 pm

Oh wow! The eyes are creepy! My earlier praise obviously doesn't do them justice.

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Sunday January 20th, 2008 04:16pm

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby zep » March 6th, 2009, 11:31 pm

The eyes were painted black, then dabbed with yellow. The black undertone sort of gives them a neon green color.

You should pm bruenor on Old Scratch's forum to see if he'll let you put pics of his minis on Ye Olde Inn. His put mine to shame. His site is Odinson's Anvil. I don't see is HQ figs up there but I do believe he had a photobucket account with them on it.

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Monday January 21st, 2008 12:21am
zep

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Usergroups:

Postby drathe » March 6th, 2009, 11:32 pm

To be quite honest with you, out of the pictures I just saw in his gallery... I like yours better. Don't get me wrong, his are indeed very well done, but there's something about your pictures above that just look better. Image size? Paint type? Skill? I don't really know, but I like yours better.

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Monday January 21st, 2008 12:49am

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby zep » March 6th, 2009, 11:33 pm

wow. cool, thanks! I got many tips from him when learning, like the whole colored armor thing. I really need to retake some of my pics. Some are just too dark and don't quite do the mini justice.

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Monday January 21st, 2008 01:00am
zep

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Usergroups:

Postby drathe » March 6th, 2009, 11:33 pm

Do any of that painting you were hoping for this week? My sister finished the six goblins I gave her to paint. I'll take a pic and post it when I remember to. I think they are great for her first try. I can't wait to see how she progresses on the other minis.

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Saturday April 12th, 2008 10:46pm

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby zep » March 6th, 2009, 11:34 pm

made some progress but not on any hq minis. i've got these 2 barbie myscene roller girl dolls from mcdonald's happy meals that some roller girl friends of mine asked me to paint up in their team colors. i did it for my roommate for christmas and the other girls loved it and asked if i'd do it for the ones they had. so i've got one that just needs some touch ups now and the other is not far behind. i'll post some pics of all of them when i get finished, which will hopefully be later today.

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Sunday April 13th, 2008 10:46am
zep

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Usergroups:

Postby drathe » March 6th, 2009, 11:35 pm

So I attempted to repaint one of my miniatures that I got that was already painted (a chaos warlock that looked like a circus clown). It's going pretty good, but I don't yet have my own paint set and brushes or anything. I was just doing it down at the warhammer club that dayio's friends started up as part of their miniwargaming.com side business. Anyway, I keep hearing about certain painting techniques such as 'dry brushing' and I have no idea what the heck anyone is talking about. So zep? What the hell are they talking about? And do you have any painting tips other than have patience (of which, I have very little)?

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Monday August 4th, 2008 11:49pm

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby zep » March 6th, 2009, 11:36 pm

Dry brushing is when you dip the brush in the paint, wipe away all of the excess so it appears you don't have anymore paint on the brush, then with quick back and forth strokes brush the figure. Any raised areas like chainmail or hair texture etc will pick up whats left in the brush, creating a highlight on the raised areas. Thats my amateurs explanation. I suggest checking out the Painting Tips section at Reaper Miniatures Forum for any professional advice and better explanations. Thats where I get most of my tips. I also got a lot of advice from Bruenor and Tianna Starfall at Old Scratch's when I first started. Bruenor frequents the Forum of Doom mostly these days. Tianna has been MIA for some time now but her website still exists.

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Thursday August 7th, 2008 03:45pm
zep

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Usergroups:

Previous

Return to Miniatures