• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Morcar/Zargon Miniature !

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

Re: Morcar/Zargon Miniature !

Postby Anderas » September 27th, 2017, 11:08 am

Is it possible to use a high gloss varnish to cover those "sandstone" miniatures?

Did you try once?

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby aaronAGN » September 27th, 2017, 11:43 am

Thantos wrote:Which material did you order in? I'll let you know which printer they use and link some examples :)

White strong and flexible is SLS powder printing
Will show up like the image
Only a problem if you mind a grainy sandstone texture

"Frosted ultra detail" = Objet 30 Prime, Veroclear at 16um Z will be your best bet on their materials to get good detail and a smother surface.
To better remove the frostiness of the print, soak in a 5% Sodium Hydroxide (drain cleaner) solution for up to 40 minutes then scrub with a toothbrush. |_P

I ordered the strong and flexible standard option.
The one pictured above. I'd prefer more durable. I don't need ultra fine detail. Especially if it's more brittle.

I read that it's properly scaled to the HQ minis. Anyone have any comparison pics?
aaronAGN

Storm Master
Storm Master

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » October 3rd, 2017, 3:07 am

I saw online a tutorial on how to melt away the grainy surface with a homemade chemical mist bath. It might help you out if the grain is too pronounced.

A Marvel-styled Morcar/Zargon miniature has been made in lead. I'm not sure if more may be bought from Geoff Sims at Oakbound Miniatures who did the commission. Check out this blog for the story.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby aaronAGN » October 3rd, 2017, 9:35 am

Daedalus wrote:I saw online a tutorial on how to melt away the grainy surface with a homemade chemical mist bath. It might help you out if the grain is too pronounced.

A Marvel-styled Morcar/Zargon miniature has been made in lead. I'm not sure if more may be bought from Geoff Sims at Oakbound Miniatures who did the commission. Check out this blog for the story.

Cool. Thanks for the info.
I'll look into the Geoff Sims mini. I'd love to add to my HQ collection.
aaronAGN

Storm Master
Storm Master

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » October 5th, 2017, 3:21 pm

Holy crap! That's a box 'o Morcars! It seems they can even be ordered! Check this post towards the end as to how.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby aaronAGN » October 6th, 2017, 12:00 am

Daedalus wrote:Image

Holy crap! That's a box 'o Morcars! It seems they can even be ordered! Check this post towards the end as to how.

I checkedout the post
I didn't see how
aaronAGN

Storm Master
Storm Master

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Spookyhappyfun » October 6th, 2017, 9:21 am

aaronAGN wrote:
Daedalus wrote:Holy crap! That's a box 'o Morcars! It seems they can even be ordered! Check this post towards the end as to how.

I checkedout the post
I didn't see how

It looks like you'll have to contact a guy who has some. It looks like he hangs out in the linked Oldhammer forum by the username Weazil. I've just joined there and am working on getting in touch.

Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Spookyhappyfun

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby aaronAGN » October 6th, 2017, 5:08 pm

Spookyhappyfun wrote:
aaronAGN wrote:
Daedalus wrote:Holy crap! That's a box 'o Morcars! It seems they can even be ordered! Check this post towards the end as to how.

I checkedout the post
I didn't see how

It looks like you'll have to contact a guy who has some. It looks like he hangs out in the linked Oldhammer forum by the username Weazil. I've just joined there and am working on getting in touch.

Yeah. I just followed the trail to his blog and sent him a message with Google hangouts
aaronAGN

Storm Master
Storm Master

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Thor-in » October 7th, 2017, 5:11 am

aaronAGN wrote:
Spookyhappyfun wrote:
aaronAGN wrote:

I checkedout the post
I didn't see how

Yeah. I just followed the trail to his blog and sent him a message with Google hangouts

Have you heard anything back from him yet? Just wondering because I sighed up at old hammer to try to receive a miniature as well.
:skeleton: "In The End We Are All Shadows and Dust" :skeleton:

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Thor-in

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby aaronAGN » October 7th, 2017, 7:34 am

Thor-in wrote:
Have you heard anything back from him yet? Just wondering because I sighed up at old hammer to try to receive a miniature as well.

Not yet no
aaronAGN

Storm Master
Storm Master

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Miniatures