• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

List of Miniatures for Monsters & Characters

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

Re: List of Miniatures for Monsters & Characters

Postby sajungzak » December 14th, 2014, 7:42 pm

I prefer the older style resin as well. If you wanna save (monies or painting time) I've gone through and only found up to four Fimir at a time. I'm not counting any fan made quests and Iam using the ones by Phoenix remastered for US. I will post my list as well when I get home and can do a thorough count.
this is where I've been posting my painting progress so far:
http://www.facebook.com/zachary.lewis.96


Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie!
User avatar
sajungzak

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior
 
Posts: 600
Joined: May 19th, 2013, 4:10 pm
Location: Spokane, Washington
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: List of Miniatures for Monsters & Characters

Postby sajungzak » December 14th, 2014, 9:07 pm

*edited*
My minimalist list of basic monsters is as follows, based on the maximum amount found per room:

The first number reflects the total in my "keep/paint" collection. Sometimes there are extras in my collection (like special versions); the minimum number of miniatures required for the US and EU versions of the base game Gathering Storm, and the expansions Kellers Keep and Return of the Witch Lord.

Goblins-9 (min 6*)
Orcs-12 (min 9*)
Fimir-4 (min 4) (min 6 for EU version)
Chaos Warrior-5 (min 4)
Skeleton-12 (min 12)
Zombie-6 (min 6)
Mummy-5 (min 4)
Gargoyle-2 (min 1)
Chaos Sorcerer-1 (min 1)

*The actual minimum per room of orcs and goblins is likely fewer still, but there may be stragglers in the halls or heroes who don't always clear a room before proceeding, so I thought it best to keep a few more.

Further expansions use miniatures unique to each expansion that can be found in their respective descriptions. As for overlap, you only need 4 Ogre Warriors, but then there are Mercenaries. The consensus seems to be at least 3 of each. There are 4 different kinds. I have 4 of each.
Last edited by sajungzak on January 4th, 2015, 1:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
this is where I've been posting my painting progress so far:
http://www.facebook.com/zachary.lewis.96


Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie!
User avatar
sajungzak

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior
 
Posts: 600
Joined: May 19th, 2013, 4:10 pm
Location: Spokane, Washington
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: List of Miniatures for Monsters & Characters

Postby Goblin-King » December 15th, 2014, 7:52 am

I'm at work now so I can only see the out of order pages of Kellar's Keep.
But there IS a quest where 6 fimirs and 2 chaos warriors are gathered in the big room.


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror
 
Posts: 3545
Images: 85
Joined: September 26th, 2011, 2:54 pm
Location: Sønderholm, Denmark
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: List of Miniatures for Monsters & Characters

Postby sajungzak » December 15th, 2014, 11:04 am

Hmm. Perhaps the EU version is different. I see 4 Fimir and 2 CW in quest 9.
this is where I've been posting my painting progress so far:
http://www.facebook.com/zachary.lewis.96


Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie!
User avatar
sajungzak

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior
 
Posts: 600
Joined: May 19th, 2013, 4:10 pm
Location: Spokane, Washington
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: List of Miniatures for Monsters & Characters

Postby cynthialee » December 15th, 2014, 12:47 pm

6 Fimir and 2 Chaos Warriors is a seriously deadly room in NA version. That is allot of skulls that need to be rolled to win...
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman
 
Posts: 1848
Images: 4
Joined: September 27th, 2011, 10:56 am
Location: the forests of Washington State
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: List of Miniatures for Monsters & Characters

Postby Goblin-King » December 15th, 2014, 2:28 pm

But then again, EU has easier monsters, so maybe it evens out?


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror
 
Posts: 3545
Images: 85
Joined: September 26th, 2011, 2:54 pm
Location: Sønderholm, Denmark
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: List of Miniatures for Monsters & Characters

Postby sajungzak » December 15th, 2014, 4:39 pm

Once again, differences in releases complicates collaboration. I stick to the US versions, and Phoenix's revisions of EU QP's
this is where I've been posting my painting progress so far:
http://www.facebook.com/zachary.lewis.96


Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie!
User avatar
sajungzak

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior
 
Posts: 600
Joined: May 19th, 2013, 4:10 pm
Location: Spokane, Washington
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: List of Miniatures for Monsters & Characters

Postby Daedalus » December 27th, 2014, 3:10 am

knightkrawler wrote:Yeah, that's Grashlyg, if I recall correctly. I did this 2 years ago.
Also, Skaven are missing, because I listed them seperately as I wanns write a quest pack expanding on "Halls of Durrag-Dol" and Sjeng's "Into the Sewers".
That would be
- a number of Clanrats or Gutterrunners (8 or 12?)
- one or two Rat Ogres
- a White Seer
The troll is already there. Tell me if I'm missing something here....

Don't know if this counts, but 2 rats are needed for on top of the cupboard. They attack the Heroes using 1 combat die in a limitless wave.

As for the other monsters, the map shows 9 Skaven, 3 Skeletons, an Ogre, a Rat Ogre, and a White Seer.


Goblin-King wrote:3. The amount of models needed is represented by the maximum amount you’ll meet in a single room....

Basic stuff
...6 Fimirs...

sajungzak wrote:GK's is similar to my plan. I don't need more than would appear on the table at the same time. I think I only counted 4 Fimirs though, perhaps I should go through KK once more.

Goblin-King wrote:I'm at work now so I can only see the out of order pages of Kellar's Keep.
But there IS a quest where 6 fimirs and 2 chaos warriors are gathered in the big room.

sajungzak wrote:Hmm. Perhaps the EU version is different. I see 4 Fimir and 2 CW in quest 9.

I decided to also verify this. The EU version presents 6 Fimirs in the central room of The East Gate. For the NA Quest 9 of Kellar's Keep, The East Gate, only 4 Fimir are placed in that room. Like GK suggests, I think difference in Body Points is the reason. Anyone using NA rules and referencing GK's list would want to keep this in mind. Perhaps a note for NA players would help the list? Nice pickup, sajungzak.
..
UNCLE ZARGON
Image
WANTS.. YOU


Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard
 
Posts: 5332
Images: 14
Joined: May 9th, 2011, 2:31 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Re: List of Miniatures for Monsters & Characters

Postby sajungzak » January 4th, 2015, 1:19 am

Thanks. I took this in to account and edited my list.

*edited*
My minimalist list of basic monsters is as follows, based on the maximum amount found per room:

The first number reflects the total in my "keep/paint" collection. Sometimes there are extras in my collection (like special versions); also listed is the minimum number of miniatures required for the US and EU versions of the base game Gathering Storm, and the expansions Kellers Keep and Return of the Witch Lord.

Goblins-9 (min 6*)
Orcs-12 (min 9*)
Fimir-4 (min 4) (min 6 for EU version)
Chaos Warrior-5 (min 4)
Skeleton-12 (min 12)
Zombie-6 (min 6)
Mummy-5 (min 4)
Gargoyle-2 (min 1)
Chaos Sorcerer-1 (min 1)

*The actual minimum per room of orcs and goblins is likely fewer still, but there may be stragglers in the halls or heroes who don't always clear a room before proceeding, so I thought it best to keep a few more.

Further expansions use miniatures unique to each expansion that can be found in their respective descriptions. As for overlap, you only need 4 Ogre Warriors, but then there are Mercenaries. The consensus seems to be at least 3 of each. There are 4 different kinds. I have 4 of each.
this is where I've been posting my painting progress so far:
http://www.facebook.com/zachary.lewis.96


Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie!
User avatar
sajungzak

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior
 
Posts: 600
Joined: May 19th, 2013, 4:10 pm
Location: Spokane, Washington
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: List of Miniatures for Monsters & Characters

Postby Anderas » August 29th, 2015, 3:33 pm

Thanks for the list! I just found out I didn't paint enough skeletons. :D


Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear
 
Posts: 3397
Images: 73
Joined: September 20th, 2014, 7:02 am
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Miniatures

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests