• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Forum Update +

Found some typos or dead links? Is there an area you would like to see added? Is there something you would like to contribute to Ye Olde Inn? Let us know!
Forum rules
Please post only those issues relating to the http://www.yeoldeinn.com/ Website and its pages. Issues relating to the Ye Olde Inn Community Forum or Blog do not go here.

Re: Forum Update +

Postby StratosVX » October 2nd, 2020, 10:22 pm

Daedalus wrote:Jesperj now needs approval to post at the Inn. If you don't pay your dues, the Inn's staff takes back your room key. :evil:

looks nice :)

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX
I hate snakes, Jacques...

Scout
Scout

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Forum Update +

Postby firefly101 » October 8th, 2020, 10:08 am

StratosVX, I sent you a PM.

I wanted to use your image for the battle Masters map, but the file is way too large for me to open on my winxp 32bit system. Can you upload a smaller version maybe about 26mb in size instead of 266mb? My Adobe says it cant parse the jpeg file and a jpeg viewer said I did not have enough memory. I have 3gb of memory but its not enough for this file, even online converters couldn't open it so I don't know if something is wrong with the file or if its just too big.

Thanks

Firefly101
firefly101

Re: The Inn on Facebook

Postby Kurgan » May 23rd, 2021, 2:28 pm

[This and the following nine posts were moved from the General HeroQuest Discussion topic, The Inn on Facebook. -edit]

Anderas wrote:This Forum is just outdated. Don't ask for features... drathe would have to move everything...

Old and outdated (but not busted) works for me!
Last edited by Daedalus on May 25th, 2021, 9:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: quote added from other thread to add relevance

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby iKarith » May 23rd, 2021, 4:34 pm

It's true that drathe would have to move everything—but when he's got time to even look at it, there's help at the ready to write a tool to do the moving.

Additionally, apparently drathe's server resources are somewhat limited. We might need to do something about that at some point.

But as Facebook routinely bans people for anything (or nothing), I won't be using it. Technically I wasn't "banned". My account was just modified by a malicious employee who deleted everything I ever posted, then locked my account to prohibit posting new content (without any accompanying "guideline strike" or anything) without warning, without explanation, and without appeal.

So as far as I'm concerned, Facebook can get Zucked.
<InSpectreRetro> All hail Zargon!!! Morcar only has 1BP.

Rewards:
Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!
Web Mage
iKarith

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Anderas » May 24th, 2021, 12:42 am

Do you know how to do this kind of stuff? And do you have a week to spare?

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby iKarith » May 24th, 2021, 2:27 am

Anderas wrote:Do you know how to do this kind of stuff? And do you have a week to spare?

Define "this kind of stuff". I've written software in PHP, the language this forum is written in. More wordpress or custom stuff than phpBB directly, but if you give me an API, yeah. I have to remind myself of MySQL syntax because MySQL, Postgres, and sqlite all have slightly different syntax and I don't use any of them so frequently that I remember their specific idiosyncrasies, but I usually remember the basic query language stuff that's common to all of them, which is a lot.

And I'm a legally blind cancer patient who's quite unemployed at this point largely because my chemo side-effects make my ability to be useful on a specific schedule necessary for an office environment kind of variable. Which leaves me a lot of basically "free" time to poke at anything of interest, as long as I can say, "oww, yeah, for the next hour, I'm not getting much done", and picking it up later in the day than intended.

No promises that'll continue indefinitely since when these side-effect subside, I intend to try and find new employment, because a crusty old Linux geek/developer with backgrounds in interface design, databases, device drivers, web apps, technical and end-user writing, and Linux distribution packaging can probably earn a fair bit more than I receive in disability. And, I'd have something to do besides vegging in front of YouTube. :P
<InSpectreRetro> All hail Zargon!!! Morcar only has 1BP.

Rewards:
Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!
Web Mage
iKarith

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Anderas » May 24th, 2021, 2:46 am

And I'm a legally blind cancer patient who's quite unemployed at this point largely because my chemo side-effects

I feel with you there, man, I had my chemo 2018 and I was just sleeping all day long; couldn't help myself.
When I was awake I tried to get the HQ25 project of this forum forward, but couldn't finish it in time; because despite what people say, chemo is a schedule and it fills the time (with sleep).

Well, that would be great news! Now we need to reach out to drathe somehow and convince him that someone could help him.
(Me, I am not a mod or anything - I just discovered that I could choose my name color by joining one of the guilds :lol: )

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » May 24th, 2021, 10:03 am

If I understand your last post, I should remind drathe of iKarith's offer. Great suggestion! I have in fact reminded him recently. But maybe someone should remind me to remind him again sometime.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Anderas » May 24th, 2021, 10:52 am

Daedalus wrote:If I understand your last post, I should remind drathe of iKareth's offer. Great suggestion! I have in fact reminded him recently. But maybe someone should remind me to remind him again sometime.

Noooooouuuuuu not that again! :lol: :D :mrgreen:

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » May 24th, 2021, 7:50 pm

Anderas wrote:This Forum is just outdated. Don't ask for features... drathe would have to move everything...

But what kind of direction you would like to move? Just to update the forum platform or something else?

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Website Discussion Room