• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

What would you like to see at Ye Olde Inn?

Found some typos or dead links? Is there an area you would like to see added? Is there something you would like to contribute to Ye Olde Inn? Let us know!
Forum rules
Please post only those issues relating to the http://www.yeoldeinn.com/ Website and its pages. Issues relating to the Ye Olde Inn Community Forum or Blog do not go here.

Re: What would you like to see at Ye Olde Inn?

Postby tb55555 » December 18th, 2017, 9:35 am

One last thought. I wonder if it would be possible to collect all the offical background for the game/characters in one place.
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference.
tb55555

Zombie
Zombie

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Daedalus » March 24th, 2018, 4:50 pm

tb55555 wrote:Would it be possible to give the adventures available ratings or more details about what is included in them. It is hard to pick what we should try and with so many it would be easy to miss a gem.

drathe wrote:
Daedalus wrote:I think it would be cool if there was a way to rate the Quests that can be downloaded here at the Inn, kuuinda like how images are rated in the Gallery. A comment section could be provided as a kind of mini-review. That way folks could learn which Quests are recommended by those who have played them (or at least read them).

Agreed. I'll add it to my to-do list.

Could be a while, but I like the way you think.

tb55555 wrote:One last thought. I wonder if it would be possible to collect all the offical background for the game/characters in one place.

You can find background about locations in this topic. Special monsters with names can be found in these posts
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby phoenixcinder » March 24th, 2018, 5:04 pm

high res scans of the boxes the expansion packs come in
phoenixcinder

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Fallensaviour » April 1st, 2018, 8:38 pm

phoenixcinder wrote:high res scans of the boxes the expansion packs come in

If you go to the art of les Edwards and look through his galleries you can get most of the expansion art and some of the box art.
Probably not what your looking for but if you haven't checked it out it’s worth a look.
Definitely some of the book art.

Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie!
Fallensaviour

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » May 5th, 2018, 5:18 am

phoenixcinder wrote:high res scans of the boxes the expansion packs come in

Great suggestion. Until then, here's a thread with a couple of the box scans.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Anderas » May 5th, 2018, 6:20 am

Daedalus wrote:
tb55555 wrote:Would it be possible to give the adventures available ratings or more details about what is included in them. It is hard to pick what we should try and with so many it would be easy to miss a gem.

drathe wrote:
Daedalus wrote:I think it would be cool if there was a way to rate the Quests that can be downloaded here at the Inn, kinda like how images are rated in the Gallery. A comment section could be provided as a kind of mini-review. That way folks could learn which Quests are recommended by those who have played them (or at least read them).

Agreed. I'll add it to my to-do list.

Could be a while, but I like the way you think.

tb55555 wrote:One last thought. I wonder if it would be possible to collect all the offical background for the game/characters in one place.

You can find background about locations in this topic. Special monsters with names can be found in these posts

That would indeed be a great feature.
Categories like mazeness, bloodyness, explorable, riddle, creativity, storyline... if there is any way of self-coding this it could become my hobby chore.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Thor-in » May 5th, 2018, 7:02 am

More hidden icons...
:skeleton: "In The End We Are All Shadows and Dust" :skeleton:

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Thor-in

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » May 5th, 2018, 11:36 am

Thor-in wrote:More hidden icons...

...says the one who's done. |_P
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » May 10th, 2018, 7:07 pm

drathe
Blood - Good to the last drop

Ye Olde Inn Quest Design Competition 2024 Joint Winner

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » May 10th, 2018, 7:45 pm

Thor-in wrote:More hidden icons...

You still need to find the Frozen Horror. But of course it's a bit different from the rest, which I guess is why nobody has found it yet.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Website Discussion Room