• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

What would you like to see at Ye Olde Inn?

Found some typos or dead links? Is there an area you would like to see added? Is there something you would like to contribute to Ye Olde Inn? Let us know!
Forum rules
Please post only those issues relating to the http://www.yeoldeinn.com/ Website and its pages. Issues relating to the Ye Olde Inn Community Forum or Blog do not go here.

Re: What would you like to see at Ye Olde Inn?

Postby drathe » July 6th, 2010, 11:03 pm

kboleen wrote:I love quests. You could never have enough quests.

Got any of your own to share? We can add them to the Quest page!

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby lud45 » August 31st, 2010, 5:43 pm

Bonjour, Hi,

Il serai intéressant d'avoir la planche de jeu original

I would like to have the original board of the game

Thank you a lot! Merci beaucoup!

Lud45
lud45

Forum Language: Français

Postby drathe » August 31st, 2010, 6:28 pm

You can find a great copy of the board here ([Dead Link]www.heroquestdownloads.com). Click "downloads", then scroll down to "Other Game Contents".

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Big Bene » October 1st, 2010, 9:39 am

One word:
Gameboard!

You included downloadeable versions of pretty much every content of every pack, but not the board itself, which renders all that stuff useless to anybody who doesn't own the original game (which, as we all know, out of print).
Myself, I actually own the original (Gamesystem and Wizards of Zargon German), but I would still like a scan of the gameboard to base custom board on. For example, I thought about making and printing a board for the Inn of Chaos quest with "real" grass etc. Would be much easier with the original board as a default.
Of course I coud do a scan myself, but I'm still wondering why it's not already here...

:?
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby el_flesh » October 1st, 2010, 10:56 am

What would I like to see at 'Ye Olde Inne' ?

An R-rated thread.
That kids can't get into.

So we could discuss real fantasy gaming a la Frazetta....
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » October 1st, 2010, 11:40 pm

Big Bene wrote:One word:
Gameboard!

You included downloadeable versions of pretty much every content of every pack, but not the board itself, which renders all that stuff useless to anybody who doesn't own the original game (which, as we all know, out of print).
Myself, I actually own the original (Gamesystem and Wizards of Zargon German), but I would still like a scan of the gameboard to base custom board on. For example, I thought about making and printing a board for the Inn of Chaos quest with "real" grass etc. Would be much easier with the original board as a default.
Of course I coud do a scan myself, but I'm still wondering why it's not already here... :?

There are two reasons for this:
  1. I believe everyone should at least own a legitimate copy of HeroQuest, even though it's out of print. There are plenty of them out there. It's well worth the money as I'm sure most everyone coming to this Website will agree.
  2. If I was able to scan the board and piece it together without any merging issues (don't have a scanner big enough for the full board, or even half the board), I doubt it will be better than cyber333's available via the link in the post previous to the one quoted above. I've planned on adding a link to his download page, but haven't done so yet. One of many things yet to do.
Anyone who is able to create a quality scan of the board may submit it to complete our resources.

el_flesh wrote:What would I like to see at 'Ye Olde Inne' ?
An R-rated thread.
That kids can't get into.
So we could discuss real fantasy gaming a la Frazetta....

Until we can afford our own dedicated server, that's not going to happen. There is also no practical way of keeping kids out even then. How do we know who is of proper age without the old "credit card proof"? Most of Frank's work should be fine to discuss. A little R-rated now and again is acceptable, it's the X-rated stuff that can cost us our Web Hosting. If in doubt, you can always run it by Phoenix in a PM before posting. He's heading up board moderation now as I've fallen back to more administrative efforts.

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Big Bene » October 3rd, 2010, 2:45 pm

available via the link in the post previous to the one quoted above. I've planned on adding a link to his download page, but haven't done so yet.
Sorry, but this link is dead.
Anyone who is able to create a quality scan of the board may submit it to complete our resources.
As I said, I could do so. Not in the next few days, as I'm very busy at work, but in the near future, if you still want it.
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » October 3rd, 2010, 8:46 pm

Big Bene wrote:Sorry, but this link is dead.

Odd, it was working just a week or two ago. Wonder what happened...

I'll post a temporary link to it for the time being below:
HeroQuest Board by cyber 333 (careful, it's 90MB! Takes forever to load.)

Big Bene wrote:As I said, I could do so. Not in the next few days, as I'm very busy at work, but in the near future, if you still want it.

If you want to take a crack at it some time, I will certainly host it here.

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

Can't use photoshop! Make universal?

Postby esotericrite » October 5th, 2010, 3:58 pm

I would love to be able to use the templates on the design page, but I don't have photoshop. I do have a very good imaging/paint program but it doesn't recognize photoshop files. Is there a way we can change this so it's easier to use?
esotericrite

Re: Can't use photoshop! Make universal?

Postby drathe » October 5th, 2010, 4:50 pm

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Website Discussion Room