• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Ye Olde Inn ideas

Found some typos or dead links? Is there an area you would like to see added? Is there something you would like to contribute to Ye Olde Inn? Let us know!
Forum rules
Please post only those issues relating to the http://www.yeoldeinn.com/ Website and its pages. Issues relating to the Ye Olde Inn Community Forum or Blog do not go here.

Re: Ye Olde Inn ideas

Postby Phoenix » March 6th, 2009, 11:50 pm

That sounds like quite the altruistic idea (and a shit-load of work on your part). Although, a little effort in the front would mean less work in the end. It's like ex-lax, I suppose.

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Tuesday August 5th, 2008 07:52am

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
The Great
Phoenix

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby drathe » March 6th, 2009, 11:51 pm

Phoenix wrote:Although, a little effort in the front would mean less work in the end. It's like ex-lax, I suppose.

I'm practically speechless at how well that simile fits with so many things...

The work on my end isn't all that much. I believe matching the drathe's Sanctuary skin only took an hour or two. The next one shouldn't be as difficult. But you're right, I may be going out of my way. I'm not sure how many people would actually create their own album and share pics of their minis. The majority of the HQ community doesn't seem to like to get involved very much, unless there's something in it for them.

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Tuesday August 5th, 2008 09:12am

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby zep » March 6th, 2009, 11:52 pm

I would probably use it, if you didn't already have all the pics of the minis i've got painted. I need to paint some more. But you are both right. Most likely wouldn't get a lot of use, but if you want to give people the opportunity i say go for it.

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Thursday August 7th, 2008 03:32pm
Rosemary baby, I got the thyme
zep

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: English (United States)
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » March 6th, 2009, 11:54 pm

Not yet linked through the site, but Ye Olde Inn now has its own forum (yep, another forum). Anyone wishing to join in and lead the way may do so by following the link.

LINK
[Go ahead and click it! You know you're already here, right?]

The forum isn't set up 100% as there are a few sections I haven't put in yet... (because I forgot what they were and didn't write it down). The Ye Olde Inn template isn't complete yet either. I'm having great trouble getting it to do... well, anything! So it's still in the works. If anyone would like to assist in Administrating or Moderating, let me know. The forum runs on phpBB3 which is extremely advanced compared to phpBB2 (which this forum runs on). There are a lot of extra features for Mods and Admins that I had to add to these forums already built into phpBB3. Which is nice. Very nice.

Now I have the petition to start up, the Fan Resource Page to complete, the Agin's Archives to recode (Dewayne gave me the 'go nuts' with the idea. I'm also going to redo all his old cards and possibly the quests... unless Phoenix wants to do the quests? Phoenix? Quests? Enough on your plate already? Have some more roast beef!), the Gallery to upgrade, the rest of the British System, French System, British Kellar's Keep, British Witch Lord, German Ogre Horde, German Wizards, and anything else extra that comes along...

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Sunday August 17th, 2008 11:02pm

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby zep » March 6th, 2009, 11:55 pm

drathe wrote: ...Have some more roast beef!), ...

mmm....beef....*drools*...

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Monday August 18th, 2008 08:03am
zep

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Usergroups:

Postby zep » March 6th, 2009, 11:57 pm

Seems I can't register on the Ye Olde Inn forum. Hmm...

I get this message on the registration screen:
You have specified an incorrect username. Please check your username and try again. If you continue to have problems please contact the Board Administrator.

It gave me this when I tried registering with zep, Zep, and zepgodiria.

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Monday August 18th, 2008 08:11am
zep

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Usergroups:

Postby drathe » March 6th, 2009, 11:58 pm

I think I know the problem. I believe I may have set usernames to alphanumeric rather than alpha and/or numeric. I'll make the change. Sorry 'bout that! (I say 'bout, not 'boot. 'Boot is French and Newfie Canadian.)

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Monday August 18th, 2008 09:36am

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby drathe » March 6th, 2009, 11:59 pm

I made the change, although Phoenix was already able to register it seems.

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Monday August 18th, 2008 09:41am

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby zep » March 7th, 2009, 12:00 am

I think its working now. Just waiting on the confirmation email.

Newfie Canadian - is that Newfoundland Canadians? I knew a girl from there. She said 'aboot' and 'airm' (instead of 'about' and 'arm') amongst many other funny sounding pronunciations.

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Monday August 18th, 2008 09:53am
zep

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Usergroups:

Postby drathe » March 7th, 2009, 12:00 am

Newfoundland Canadian indeed.

It seems Phoenix actually registered two minutes after I made the change. So I'm going to assume that was indeed the problem.

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Monday August 18th, 2008 09:56am

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Website Discussion Room