• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Ye Olde Inn ideas

Found some typos or dead links? Is there an area you would like to see added? Is there something you would like to contribute to Ye Olde Inn? Let us know!
Forum rules
Please post only those issues relating to the http://www.yeoldeinn.com/ Website and its pages. Issues relating to the Ye Olde Inn Community Forum or Blog do not go here.

Ye Olde Inn ideas

Postby drathe » March 6th, 2009, 11:39 pm

I've had a bunch of ideas for expanding Ye Olde Inn since I started by in January that I haven't gotten around to yet. Some I will do later when I have time and all the resources are finished (like creating a copy of the site in each of the languages HeroQuest was released in). Others I just haven't decided if they are good enough or even worthwhile.

Here's a list of some of my ideas, please let me know what you think.

- Petition: I was thinking of having a petition where Inn Guests can sign and the updated list will be sent to Hasbro every couple months. This will be a petition to re-release HeroQuest and all of its Expansions, in all territories.

- Wiki: A HeroQuest wikipedia where the Guests fill in the content and information. It would be a good way to present a history of HeroQuest along with all the trivial facts about the game from game play to creators, territory releases and other merchandise etc.

- Forum: I've made mention to this in other topics over the months (as revealed by the HeroQuest Master rank). This would be a forum just for Ye Olde Inn similar to the old Agin's Inn Voy forum, but on a php board just like these Sanctuary Forums. This would have little to no spam, contrary to the Agin's Inn forum of old. I've held off on this idea thus far because there are other great HQ forums such as Old Scratch's, Phoenix', HQ international, and this little tribute section on my boards here. Based on my number of monthly visitors and bandwidth from downloads, Ye Olde Inn may have the biggest potential to gather a massive HQ community.

- Fan Creation Resource Page: A page of the templates I use for creating cards, links to quest creators, images from all the cards, books etc. Pretty much a single stop for those who want to create their own content and make them the best they can be. It could also encourage these fans to submit their work to Ye Olde Inn and share with other fans.

- Agin's Archives: An Archive of the old Agin's Inn pretty much as it was just before she was lost. I have the backup from Dewayne and I've thought about recoding it so that the archives will display pretty much the same as the old inn and all the links will point within the archive rather than to the aginsinn.com domain as it no longer works. This may be a clever way to preserve all the lost content without having to hunt down all the now MIA contributors and obtaining permissions.

If anyone has any thoughts, concerns, or other ideas on how to expand Ye Olde Inn and make it the best it can be, I'd love to hear from you.

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Monday July 21st, 2008 05:14pm

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Ye Olde Inn ideas

Postby Phoenix » March 6th, 2009, 11:40 pm

sounds good! Can't wait to see it!! I'll try to help in anyway I can!.

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Monday July 21st, 2008 08:05pm

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
The Great
Phoenix

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby zep » March 6th, 2009, 11:41 pm

They all sound like great ideas. I play another out of print game called Star Wars Epic Duels and the online community dedicated to it has done many things similar to what you are suggesting with great praise, in particular the Wiki and the petition. Many people thought the petition was a waste of time, but I don't see any harm in it.

Epic Duels Wiki
Epic Duels Forum

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Tuesday July 22nd, 2008 08:24am
Rosemary baby, I got the thyme
zep

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: English (United States)
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » March 6th, 2009, 11:42 pm

I agree. Realistically, a petition would only be a waste of time for me (and I can easily find time to waste). All anyone else would need to do would be add their name. No harm at all.

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Tuesday July 22nd, 2008 12:26pm

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby dayio » March 6th, 2009, 11:45 pm

i would sign a petition. course... i would sign anything....

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Sunday July 27th, 2008 03:22am
dayio

Goblin
Goblin

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » March 6th, 2009, 11:45 pm

Oh really...? :twisted:

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Sunday July 27th, 2008 07:33am

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Phoenix » March 6th, 2009, 11:46 pm

I found a small mistake...

On the Against the Ogre Horde and Wizards of Morcar pages

"Localizatios & Adaptations"

missing an 'n'

Thought you might want to know.

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Sunday July 27th, 2008 12:05pm

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
The Great
Phoenix

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Usergroups:

Postby drathe » March 6th, 2009, 11:47 pm

Thanks. Got it fixed up now. I copied that line of code from the Wizards page, so it also had the typo.

If you find anything else, let me know.

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Sunday July 27th, 2008 02:02pm

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby drathe » March 6th, 2009, 11:48 pm

I've started the HeroQuestWiki[Dead Link - Wiki removed due to lack of use]. There isn't a link to it from Ye Olde Inn yet, but there will be some time soon. If anyone would like to start contributing to the wiki please feel free to do so. I'm new to wikipedia and I have no freakin' idea what I'm doing... none! Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby drathe » March 6th, 2009, 11:49 pm

I was thinking...

What if I changed the Ye Olde Inn gallery to something similar to my drathe's Sanctuary photo gallery (using Gallery2 with a customized skin to match), so that people can create an account and create their own photo albums of their minis and other painted things to share. Does that sound like a worthwhile idea?

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Monday August 4th, 2008 11:54pm

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

Next

Return to Website Discussion Room