• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Lego Heroica

Topics relating to Fantasy Games not listed above.

Lego Heroica

Postby iKarith » Monday May 10th, 2021 7:04pm

Just wondering if anyone has this besides me…

We talked about it a little in another thread, but it's basically HeroQuest dumbed down (in many ways) for smaller kids. In some ways it's actually strangely more advanced, owing to the imaginations of children in large part. There were five sets and each had a couple of heroes and a small handful of baddies based on the microfig (as opposed to minifig) Lego Gamepiece scale.

That's a mix of Heroica, Harry Potter, Ninjago, and others, and based on the 2x2 plate, 1 stud as a "space" on the board. These things.

Dice… one. A big freakin' rubber thing with 2x2 stud sides with the following sides:

• Shield/4
  • Sword/3
  • Sword/3
  • Skull/2
  • Skull/2
  • Sword+Skull/1

Roll to move. If you move adjacent to a monster you fight it automatically. Roll again. On victory (sword), monster dies. On defeat (skull), you lose a HP and back up one space. On the sword/skull, both of these things happen. If there are multiple monsters adjacent, you fight them all. On a shield (a big round fancy design pattern) you either win or can use a special ability or whatever depending on your hero.

"Fainting" ala Pokemon. ;) When you have 0 HP left, you need to rest awhile and then you pick right back up where you left off.

Treasure is openly on the board and when you step on it, you collect it automatically. Treasures are defined by one they are, for example the triangular transparent red "conical" single stud with a red round "cap" is a life potion that restores 2 HP. Here's the standards:

You can make others and people have! There are relics to be found and weapons to find or buy which give you the abilities of the people who start with them, basically.

The game is not hard, it barely counts as a game as players can't really "lose" and there's no GM. But modified rules exist to improve these aspects and you can have real combat rules … it just doesn't as shipped.

There are five main sets: Draidia Bay, Waldurk Forest, Caverns of Nathuz, Castle Fortaan, and Ilrion. There are other things I don't have: a mini polybag set called Ganrash (may not have ever seen US release), a set of character promo cards akin to the hero boards in HQ, a set of standard playing cards with Heroica artwork on them, and a postcard. I don't think Ganrash adds anything you couldn't get otherwise, but I'd need a parts list to know for sure.

Other Lego games have been "Heroicafied", there are a couple of attempts at "advanced" Heroica rules that make the game more like HeroQuest meets BrickQuest…

The heroes are:

• Wizard
  • Rogue
  • Barbarian
  • Druid
  • Knight
  • Ranger
  • Sage
  • Prince
  • King

Monsters across the six sets are:

• Goblin King
  • Goblin Warrior
  • Golem Guardian
  • Golem Lord
  • Goblin General
  • Goblin Guardian
  • Werewolf
  • Dark Druid
  • Spider
  • Bat
  • Vampire Lord
  • Zombie

I mean, some of these are characters that appear once, but the fact is that's more types of enemies than HeroQuest comes with. Of course, they're all functionally identical except for story purposes in Heroica. (Don't tell the six year olds…)
Milton Bradley: "So guys, everyone knows about orcs, goblins and mummies and stuff, but what about these 'fimirs' we're putting in the game? Tell me all about them!"

Games Workshop: "Uhhhhhhhhhhh...."
Web Mage
iKarith

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Lego Heroica

Postby whitebeard » Monday May 10th, 2021 7:14pm

We have all of the sets you listed:
> Draidia Bay, Waldurk Forest, Caverns of Nathuz, Castle Fortaan, and Ilrion.

Got them after introducing my son to HeroQuest when he was very little. The similarity was clear to him. At that age we also played "Dungeon!" quite a bit.
Has resigned from the forum and would delete his account if he could.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby iKarith » Wednesday May 12th, 2021 12:15pm

I've got a Ganrash set on the way. It'll take weeks to get here but … I think I'll inventory it and see if the pieces can be obtained. Lego used to let you literally order a custom set if you knew the parts you needed. I don't know if you can still do that—how wasn't obvious to me.
Milton Bradley: "So guys, everyone knows about orcs, goblins and mummies and stuff, but what about these 'fimirs' we're putting in the game? Tell me all about them!"

Web Mage
iKarith

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Hero:

Postby mukami » Wednesday May 19th, 2021 8:59pm

Bricklink is a great resource for the Microfigs and the 2x2s. You used to be able to search for Microfigs specifically, but I haven't been on there in a while.

EDIT: Just went to the site, search minifigures, game.... there are quite a few more than I remember.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Killed a mighty Fimir! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
mukami

Mummy
Mummy

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby iKarith » Wednesday May 19th, 2021 11:03pm

There are a lot. And I have nearly all of the Heroica stuff. None of the non-Heroica currently, but those are findable and you can always get a bunch of 2x2, 1-stud plates and just go to town making whatever you want.

Web Mage
iKarith

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Hero:

Return to Other Games Room