• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Reaper Bones III

Topics relating to Fantasy Games not listed above.

Re: Reaper Bones III

Postby Ragnar IronFist » July 25th, 2015, 12:12 am

That graveyard expansion is looking pretty sweet. And HQ-functional! Just sayin.
Ragnar IronFist

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby IvenBach » July 25th, 2015, 8:05 am

There are some to a few that would look nice alongside HQ but, for me at least, I don't have as much fancy for this one. Too much about it seems like they didn't think this one through completely before they did it.

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
IvenBach
The NEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Anderas » July 25th, 2015, 8:27 am

Oh there are indeed some models interesting for me. But what would I want with a mix of western, fantasy and sci-fi minis?

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » July 25th, 2015, 9:10 am

That's what I was talking about. It's interesting for retailers.
It's just too freakin' much.
I would back a project where they offer themes like Lizardmen, or Ratmen, or whatever,
where you could choose from sets and would pay 2 bucks per mini on average or so.
That would be interesting, but this conglomeration of too much worthless rubber is just not in my consideration.
I was so disappointed, even of Bones I when it arrived at my doorstep. The quality even of these few minis I thought I needed was just not salvageable.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby whitebeard » July 25th, 2015, 10:32 am

Ragnar IronFist wrote:That graveyard expansion is looking pretty sweet. And HQ-functional! Just sayin.

I got the set with Twisting Catacombs. I will use them on my forest board. Will you use gravestones in a dungeon setting? How does that work?
Has resigned from the forum and would delete his account if he could.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby IvenBach » July 25th, 2015, 2:00 pm

Anderas wrote:Oh there are indeed some models interesting for me. But what would I want with a mix of western, fantasy and sci-fi minis?

Ever watch Trigun?

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
IvenBach
The NEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Anderas » July 25th, 2015, 2:16 pm

No what's Trigun ?

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » July 25th, 2015, 2:19 pm

An anime series where it obviously makes sense to field cowboys, trolls, and space marines on the same game board.

I think I'm slowly morphing into chaoticprime.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Lemmeron » July 26th, 2015, 6:39 am

I jumped on bones 3 pretty fast but ended up not liking more than half of the final core set so dropped my $100 pledge especially since it was going to cost another $50 to ship.

I ended up picking up paint set 1.
The weapon and armour sprues the chill out and ogres and a few other odds and ends.

Problem was I went from wave 1 shipping to wave 8

Oh well

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!
Lemmeron

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby QorDaq » July 26th, 2015, 8:22 am

You know, after really looking more closely at what's included here in B-III I don't get the feeling that it was not well thought out. Rather, I feel like it might have been an opportunity to produce a range of different types of Minis that "Might" not have enough support to justify a unique project, but when combined offer a very wide selection of varying styles/genre.

As to the Graveyard expansion and it's potential use in a Dungeon setting, much of it could work in a catacomb or within crypts. Several, a lot really, of the pieces are also very reminiscent of Diablo to me...*Chuckle*...

All of that said; I hope someone, somewhere, gets highly motivated to write an adventure (or campaign) for some system that can handle a variety of genre, and finds a way to use every type of mini if not every mini in the line... That would be epic... They might get a pass on the Anime Mice People though.

maj!
maj! = Klingon word for "Good". Used in the context of "I approve".

- vay' DaneHbogh yIchargh!
QorDaq

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games Room