• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Zombicide: Black Plague

Topics relating to Fantasy Games not listed above.

Zombicide: Black Plague

Postby Sjeng » June 9th, 2015, 12:56 am

Snagged me an early bird: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/co ... ck-plague/

oh, and GK?

I gasped loudly.

And I squeed at this one:

Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Zombicide: Black Plague

Postby QorDaq » June 9th, 2015, 4:18 pm

I missed the early bird (would have paid for most of shipping), but I did jump in on the KS myself. As mentioned elsewhere, I am looking forward to using the tiles for sprawling city/village streets and alleys as much as the game itself in some ways. Need a quick town to represent the target of a recent Goblin raid? Bingo!. And I imagine that Cynthia (on these forums), would likely find some uses for her Zombie hoard ideas...*Chuckle*...

I also really like the new plastic dashboards. Interestingly, they are so intuitive in nature, that my five year old (who watched the video without sound over my shoulder), understood the purpose of everything on the dashboard... Kudos to GG for creating such an intuitive interface...

Anyway, I am very patient, so I am not chomping at the bit yet, but I will be watching the KS closely to see what gets unlocked as the project progresses.

maj!
maj! = Klingon word for "Good". Used in the context of "I approve".

- vay' DaneHbogh yIchargh!
QorDaq

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby IvenBach » June 9th, 2015, 5:26 pm

The more I see of zombicide products the more I like. The miniatures look very well done. How interchangeable are they with HQ minis? Are the sizes comparable? I'm none too picky if they size is a little off since once they are painted and on the board nobody seems to care. I'm definitely watching this one as it progresses.
Last edited by IvenBach on June 9th, 2015, 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
IvenBach
The NEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » June 9th, 2015, 5:32 pm

Ho hoo! Very nice! :P

But what's up with the name "Hitch"?
Arcadia Quest also did a Goblin King homage ALSO named Hitch!

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » June 10th, 2015, 12:50 am

Goblin-King wrote:Ho hoo! Very nice! :P

But what's up with the name "Hitch"?
Arcadia Quest also did a Goblin King homage ALSO named Hitch!

I know, and AQ is also CMoN. It's a crossover. I hope to see more. (Blackadder, king george/richard "fresh horses!", grace jones, etc)

Now they added Xena!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby QorDaq » June 11th, 2015, 3:58 pm

IvenBach wrote:The more I see of zombicide products the more I like. The miniatures look very well done. How interchangeable are they with HQ minis? Are the sizes comparable? I'm none too picky if they size is a little off since once they are painted and on the board nobody seems to care. I'm definitely watching this one as it progresses.

Overall i'd say you could get away with mixing some of the Z-Cide zombies in with HQ. Though HQ being GW sculpts are a bit "Burly" in comparison. Weapons in particular on Z-Cide sculpts are less "Heroic" in scale, though the minis themselves are good-sized. There are few zombies from the first three seasons of Z-Cide that would really mesh theme-wise however, being that they are "Modern" in design.

That said, some of the larger minis (Some Fatties and most Abominations in particular), could work pretty well as "Boss" types in my opinion, as they have less modern gear on them. Both C-Dogs and Z-Dogs could work as well. The S-3 Crows could also be a neat addition as a new creature type in HQ.

Now, with the impending Z-Cide BP being set in a fantasy setting, I feel that there will be many more options for some unique Boss-types available, not to mention that some of the Heroes/Survivors may be functional as well. Especially as NPCs I think.

But yeah, back to your original question; The scale will be a little different, and the style of the sculpts are VERY different, however considering how much people mix and match minis in HQ now, I'd say it's doable.

maj!

QorDaq

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby IvenBach » June 11th, 2015, 9:04 pm

Much of what I was wanting to hear Qordaq. I'd love to see some players faces open a HQ to see a fatty get placed behind the open door.
:dwarf: Tha dunna be un averg zombee...

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
IvenBach
The NEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Sjeng » June 12th, 2015, 1:19 pm

Z:BP is especially fit for HQ with all those fantasy characters and zombies. They have zombie dwarves, wolves, male and female NPC zombies and lots of heroes. Many can also be used as townfolk.

Rewards:
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby QorDaq » June 12th, 2015, 2:27 pm

Sjeng wrote:Z:BP is especially fit for HQ with all those fantasy characters and zombies. They have zombie dwarves, wolves, male and female NPC zombies and lots of heroes. Many can also be used as townfolk.

Not to mention the tiles (which I have mentioned actually, probably several times now...*Grin*...), I really feel the modular nature of these tiles will offer some interesting options for Town-based adventures.

maj!

QorDaq

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Anderas » June 12th, 2015, 2:52 pm

Does anybody have experience with their sculpts?
their models as presented in the Kickstarter look quite good but I am unsure about that company. Well. I know nothing about them.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Next

Return to Other Games Room