• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

assassinorum execution force board game

Topics relating to Fantasy Games not listed above.

Re: assassinorum execution force board game

Postby Patroclus » May 19th, 2015, 4:37 pm

It’s unfair to talk only for the price, 20 euros more or less it’s not a big deal. The most important thing is if it has a good gameplay or not. And here we are talking for a new unique game system. It can’t be compared to Descent, or HQ, or anything else because it’s totally different. Very simple rules, which can be expanded to every direction you want, suspense, and a minimal setup (something very important for solo).

For example, when I am playtesting HQ quests, I find it very annoying to pick up and put the furniture. It’s totally different when you have more players around your table, but when you are playing alone it is very annoying. This is not happening with AEF. There are not many components. You draw the event cards, you move the patrols and you are thinking your next move by drinking your bear.

It could have more boards for more missions, this is the only bad thing I could find. But if you ask me, I am more interesting for new bosses, or new custom heroes with new skills than a different board. The real gameplay is on the encounters and not the exploration.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Patroclus

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Previous

Return to Other Games Room