• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Antropomorphic Armadillo Adventurer

Topics relating to Fantasy Games not listed above.

Antropomorphic Armadillo Adventurer

Postby cynthialee » December 26th, 2014, 4:31 pm

In the table top game I run {Saga: the Game, available through lulu.com} we are developing new content and play testing some ideas.

One of the ideas we came up with is an anthropomorphic armadillo shaman with some magic enhancements. We call him the "Sharmadillo". His natural armor is enchanted to outright ignore damage that does not exceed a certain level of damage and the damage he does take is reduced by the amount his power ignores. As he can not don the armor of men and elves he is somewhat hamstringed so we wanted to make him tough enough to hang with the big dogs. {We are playing end game content and the heroes must of course be very powerful.}

So what are some of the oddball characters you have allowed in play over the years?
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Antropomorphic Armadillo Adventurer

Postby knightkrawler » December 26th, 2014, 5:19 pm

My 4-year-old sister playing herself as a hero. She was absolutely invincible and basically walked through monsters and heroes alike demanding that she win unscathed.
it was fun for half a quest.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:

Postby Jafazo » December 26th, 2014, 6:06 pm

I once allowed a really stupid armadillo thing that reduced damage like crazy but then I was like nahhhh let me not.
Unless you specify your version I'm going by the US rules.
Jafazo

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion

Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby cynthialee » December 26th, 2014, 10:36 pm

Well it is my wife's character concept and as she is nice enough to humor me and play High Fantasy style games with me I tend to allow her to play the character of her choice.
Also the character is written up within the same limitations as other characters. As it is a skill based game, balance is easy enough to attain. The various species other than mankind have special powers and abilities, so this Armadillo-man is not overpowered for the campaign.

They are really going to need a heavy duty tank who can take serious punishment in the upcoming game. They will be facing extreme odds often, lucky for them the majority of the enemy troops are recruits and greenhorns. But still, a large formation of young soldiers lead by hardened veterans is not a walk in the park. A Sharmadillo should make for an excellent tank. Most of the spells they will use will be buffs and damage enhancers.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Return to Other Games Room