• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Dark Omen Chaos Mod

Topics relating to Fantasy Games not listed above.

Dark Omen Chaos Mod

Postby Gold Bearer » July 20th, 2014, 5:23 am

I started making a chaos army dark omen mod a while ago using loads of new sprites. I didn't make the sprites, they're from another mod. I used them differently so the enemies are far more varied and changed a lot of the portraits, the chaos army general turned out really well. The good thing about an evil army is that it can fight anything. It goes up to blighted towers before it starts running into crashing problems. There's battles after that if you've got the patience to keep trying or you get lucky. Trying sort out those problems was getting very tedious and frustrating which is why I needed a break. I was flying along up until that point. I'll get round to finishing it soon. I'll upload the current version with instructions if anyone wants to play it. There's not point sorting it out until it's finished if there's no interest. This is the intro I wrote for it.

The rumours are true. The Dread King has been raised. If we let this continue the dead will take over everywhere and they'll be no place left in the world for Chaos. This CANNOT be allowed! These orders come straight from Emgrimm Van Horstmen. The Dread King used to be a Chaos worshipper when he was alive, a very long time ago. Not any more though. He's been raised as a conduit of strength and magical energy but his soul has not been resurrected. He's just a mindless slave of Nagash. I wish we could give you more troops to command but we're spread a little thin because of those stupid pointy eared High Elf idiots. I hate Elves!

Your first port of call will be the imperial town of Teufelbad. Yea I'd never heard of it either. There's a Sorcerer there by the name of Mortis who's been investigating this and giving us our information. Take this stone and use it to summon a unit of Bloodletters. You'll have to go through Loren on your way to Teufelbad to use it though. It used to be an Elven charm. I've mapped out a rout for you which should avoid any large settlements, although you may run into the odd patrol. When you've picked up Mortis head straight for Sylvania. There's a warpstone fragment buried under Castle Drakenhof that you'll need. Apparently the Von Carsteins are also looking for it so try to get there first. Then head for the north of Kislev. They're going to try resurrecting the Hand Of Nagash as well. The warpstone jewel will show you exactly where to go. After that you're going to head to Moussillon. There's an old Chaos orb there that you can use to locate the Dread King. It's on the top floor of the Castles tallest tower. I don't even think they know what it's for. Then stop this arsehole before the whole bloody world is crawling with living corpses.

Try to pick up allies along the way to increase the size of your force but remember, don't trust anybody, especially Skavin. I hate Skavin! If you do this right you'll be promoted to a Lord of Chaos, like me. It's so much fun. Do this wrong and the Dread King will be the least of your concerns. Show the Undead what real fear looks like. By inspiring it, not by running away from them, just so we're clear. Now go forth and wreak havoc in the name of Chaos, and watch the swearing. I'm going to find some Dwarf slaves to kill horribly. I hate Dwarves!

This is my normal style of writing this stuff. I didn't use it for the HQ25 quests because it would have been really out of place with what other people will write so I had to stick to generic fantasy style.

Here's a link to a that Olly from the dark omen site uploaded of him playing the first level: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FMh2lDnw4cw

Anyone play Doom3? I've done loads of mods for that.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Return to Other Games Room