• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

dwarf kings hold kickstart

Topics relating to Fantasy Games not listed above.

dwarf kings hold kickstart

Postby wolfie907 » May 26th, 2014, 1:38 am

on the mantic forum there has been talk of their next kickstart and it is gonna be dwarf kings hold 4 its coming in july and the greens they have shown look way better then the existing line and very hero quest compatible link http://forum.manticblog.com/showthread. ... n-Day-2014
. Dwarf Kings Hold IV is the next Mantic kickstarter and is tentatively scheduled to begin late July 2014, KOW skirmish game next year set in a castle.

2. Ok KoW skirmish will be warband based with each being made up of 5 troops a Heavy/ bruiser and a legendary hero leading. It will be played on multilevel terrain representing a castle/fortress. The new DKH will be based on cardboard tiles but with plastic scenery such as tables, chairs and chests etc. This time the good guys play an adventuring party, which is the sculpts in the pictures dwarf fighter, human barbarian, elf bow woman and a human mage. The opposition is undead with new skeletons, armoured zombies and zombie troll mentioned. There will be 2 ways to play the 1st is specific scenarios telling the story during these characters will find upgrade weapons in a set manner and also learn new skills and become legandary as per the script so to speak.

3. Re: KOW Skirmish Game However thanks to lobbying by stew & other internal parties ronnie has agreed to produce a book/expansion that lets you design/lvl and equip your characters as you see fit using a points system, they are also going to provide points values for every kow miniature/creature in the mantic range so they can also be used.

4. Re: Armoured zombies in DKH IV: They specifically confirmed a zombified basilian paladin, also not sure if they were joking but zombie dwarfs were mentioned.

Prototype miniatures are a 4 man adventuring party for DKH IV.
Human Male Barbarian w/ axe front, Elf Female Ranger/Archer w/ bow left, Human Male Wizard w/ staff right, Human Male paladin/knight w/ sword rear

14kur7n.jpg

Dwarf Adventurer w/ war hammer and lantern and halfling/hobbit w/ bag and short sword?

2ura3xu.jpg

Armoured Undead Basilian Paladin work in progress.
1znoky8.jpg

Ghost or shade type monster.
ab18ja.jpg

Zombie w/ club
30u4oro.jpg

Zombie unarmed
rm36fs.jpg

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Darklord viewpost-right.png

Just in from the Open day, DKH KS has been brought forward to July/August this year!

There's some lovely new models, including Undead Dwarves and Basileans! Also ideal for KoW of course.

The DKH KS will be $95, for the game, which includes an advanced book with campaign rules, plus rules for every model in KoW, go forth and raid goblin dungeons, elves, whatever you like.

It won't be hard plastic tiles but rather very good quality cardboard ones, possibly reverseable.

I saw a goblin on a big lizard. Photo's will follow on later unless anyone beats me to it. smile.png

Daniel.

Found more Open Day 2014 DKH photos here: http://gmortschaotic....-open-day.html

Perhaps box cover art? You'll notice the Troll Shaman (wearing a skull mask?) on the left. Our intrepid heroes kitted out exactly like the sculpts seen in this threads original post standing in the center surrounded by a horde on undead Skeletons Zombies and rats.
2j44o06.jpg

Troll Shaman?
ieh6e0.jpg

Necromancer raising the undead.
wlp3c1.jpg

Dwarf Adventurer
2zxt7ol.jpg

Rock Chucking Undead Troll?
f0qhc9.jpg

Zombie? w/ club
2zf752h.jpg

2z8zxnc.jpg
Left to Right: Halfling, Dwarf, Zombie, Undead Troll, Ghost, Zombie w/ club

Here's some updated info, (I chatted to the sculptor)

The Dwarf is an Engineer.
The spirit is a Ghost.
Zombie? w/ club is a Ghoul.
The Troll Shaman, is actually a Zombie Troll Shaman.

Oh and Ronnie confirmed Undead Dwarves in the Seminar I went to. I can't wait to get all these models and mix them into my KoW Undead army! biggrin.png

Daniel.

^Probably some overlap here but these are snippets from 2 of the 3 open say seminars about DKH:

*kickstarter targeted for end of July

*similar to MA in that there will be a basic pick up and play rule set that is simple to learn, then a second KS and later Mantic/hobby store expanded rulebook with stats for all KOW races so you can use sell of them in the game, plus rules for character creation, experience, campaign etc plan is to hopefully do quite a lavish special KS version and then more basic version.

*campaign in the box scales through the various rules so you'll start with two heroes fighting to free two more, then the other two escaping so it introduces mechanics but by bit.

* main bad guy is a necromancer but also undead dwarf king with undead dwarf warriors , various other beasties

*high quality card dungeon tiles! stretch goal will be double sided print, in one seminar people really wanted strong themes such as Egyptian temple style! classic style etc and Ronnie seemed to really like that . They looked at hard plastic but too expensive and wouldn't wear well.

*kickstarter will feature special resin (no idea what type) characters, reference to character cards having a reverse died which us epic version, KS will have these epic versions as miniatures

*lot of mention of this being a gateway game bringing people into the hobby similar to heroquest and space hulk , Mars attacks already mantics best selling boxed game as two European distributors have bought a ton to localise, Ronnie expressed they'd love to get this (DKH) in mainstream stores.

*In one seminar all those new sculpts were referenced as being for this, I didn't hear anything about this skirmish game but it was getting pretty hot at times.

*all in scale with KOW and usable,

* Ronnie really wants a digital app eventually for this which would let you lay out dungeons, generate scenarios using minis you have, track stats etc

What Ronnie said about the plastic not wearing well was that the sections warped over time and would not lay flat, and the connectors needed to lay it together would make it look awkward, plus they would need to be painted to look good which would make the game less desirable as an entry game.

Couple more random bits I remembered:

* AI is definitely in for the evil side so co-op will be possible

* talk about using gold as source of upgrades in the advanced version but it is more likely that characters in a campaign in this version will advance based on what they do and what they loot.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
wolfie907

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: dwarf kings hold kickstart

Postby wolfie907 » May 26th, 2014, 1:39 am

sorry not sure how to copy the pics all at once but follow the links they look awesome

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
wolfie907

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » May 27th, 2014, 6:21 pm

The second link failed for me. :(
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby wolfie907 » May 27th, 2014, 6:41 pm

Rewards:
wolfie907

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » May 29th, 2014, 1:05 am

$95,- seems very expensive... I think I'll pass and save up for zombicide S3.
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby wolfie907 » June 3rd, 2014, 12:07 am

I think 95 is fair I spent 100 on myth and this looks to be a similar amount of stuff and mantic has a very good track record for actually fulfilling kickstarts [unlike mercs at least so far] here is another link to the game designers blog http://quirkworthy.com/2014/05/28/dwarf ... /#comments I'm personally quite excited about this game and eagerly awaiting late july.

Rewards:
wolfie907

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby wolfie907 » July 25th, 2014, 7:22 pm

this was released today they changed the name but im still really excited about this there is a lot more info and pictures on the mantic forums
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
wolfie907

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » August 4th, 2014, 8:37 am

it's just gone live, funded, and all EB's gone. Still, too expensive for what it is...
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Stairwell » August 4th, 2014, 6:29 pm

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/17 ... ings-quest

All undead enemies looks like...

It looks pretty good.. but $125 to get it to Aus and then another $30 if I want the extra mini's... I want it.. but do I want it want it lol.

I was initially thinking the scale was the same as HQ too - but these are 30MM minis? So a bit bigger than HQ right? (25mm?) Thats a shame...
Stairwell

Orc
Orc

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby wolfie907 » August 4th, 2014, 9:54 pm

naw they will scale up just fine they are the same scale as mantics kings of war minis I woke up at 4:30 so I could get an early bird slot [which I did] this is super badass they funded in four minutes and already unlocked 5 stretch goals the skeletal dwarves are my favorite

Rewards:
wolfie907

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Next

Return to Other Games Room