• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

dwarf kings hold kickstart

Topics relating to Fantasy Games not listed above.

Re: dwarf kings hold kickstart

Postby Thantos » August 5th, 2014, 4:42 am

"Dungeon Saga" sounds like a cheap addictive iPhone game for teenage girls :P
http://www.zealotminiatures.com
Models. Plastic Injection. Resin Casting. High Res 3D Printing . Macro 3D Scanning .


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges.
User avatar
Thantos

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf
 
Posts: 782
Images: 0
Joined: September 12th, 2013, 6:28 am
Location: UK
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: dwarf kings hold kickstart

Postby Stairwell » August 5th, 2014, 5:11 pm

Thantos wrote:"Dungeon Saga" sounds like a cheap addictive iPhone game for teenage girls :P


Yep pretty much:
Last edited by Sjeng on August 6th, 2014, 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tags
Stairwell

Orc
Orc
 
Posts: 49
Joined: March 20th, 2014, 9:03 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: dwarf kings hold kickstart

Postby Ragnar IronFist » August 11th, 2014, 11:49 am

I just discovered the existence of this. I must confess, it looks awesome and I'm highly tempted.

Anybody check out the rules yet?
I guess these are the beta rules
https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/mant ... aga_03.pdf


I'm curious what some of the hardcore dudes here would have to say about the rules/mechanics...
User avatar
Ragnar IronFist

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior
 
Posts: 117
Joined: September 8th, 2013, 1:15 am
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: dwarf kings hold kickstart

Postby wolfie907 » August 11th, 2014, 11:14 pm

I was going to but I have three jobs right now and haven't had the time


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
wolfie907

Elven Archer
Elven Archer
 
Posts: 543
Joined: September 28th, 2012, 2:42 am
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: dwarf kings hold kickstart

Postby wolfie907 » August 16th, 2014, 11:20 pm

I know there is not much interest around here but this has gotten much bigger and is worth a second look
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
wolfie907

Elven Archer
Elven Archer
 
Posts: 543
Joined: September 28th, 2012, 2:42 am
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: dwarf kings hold kickstart

Postby ruiza97 » August 16th, 2014, 11:49 pm

I've pledged.
ruiza97

Mummy
Mummy
 
Posts: 88
Images: 2
Joined: August 3rd, 2014, 12:26 am
Location: DFW
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: dwarf kings hold kickstart

Postby Sjeng » August 17th, 2014, 3:29 am

Oh it does look very interesting with all those minis and furniture, but the tiles... Not square, not puzzle-like, just loose modular tiles... They'll be all over the table. Tiny little corners... If I pledged, I'd pledge for the minis only, and I have enough of those already (plus $100 + $10 shipping is still a lot for those).
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Wizard
Wizard
 
Posts: 4536
Images: 92
Joined: July 26th, 2011, 9:58 am
Location: The Netherlands
Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: dwarf kings hold kickstart

Postby TheTerraintutor » August 20th, 2014, 8:32 pm

I've got my pledge in but I'm mainly looking at the models.
Helping you build better battlefields, no matter what game you play .... http://www.youtube.com/theterraintutor
User avatar
TheTerraintutor

Goblin
Goblin
 
Posts: 11
Joined: August 18th, 2014, 4:25 pm
Location: Staffordshire
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Re: dwarf kings hold kickstart

Postby wolfie907 » August 20th, 2014, 11:26 pm

I like your channel


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
wolfie907

Elven Archer
Elven Archer
 
Posts: 543
Joined: September 28th, 2012, 2:42 am
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: dwarf kings hold kickstart

Postby Ragnar IronFist » August 21st, 2014, 12:12 am

I've pledged but for opposite reasons. I pledged awhile back for Bones II as well, and have more minis to paint/use than you can shake a stick at. I think the mechanics and gameplay looks awesome. I like that it can be Players vs necromancer (Zargon) Player, Players vs A.I., solo, etc. you can even be the necro vs. AI heroes! ...and each of those modes can be played in either basic (HQ) mode, or an advanced mode which they say would be more akin to AHQ or Warhammer Quest.

I probably won't be needing the tiles either. I've been looking for an excuse to use more of my Dwarven Forge. It looks like this game uses preset dungeons, like HQ, rather than draw-as-you-go random dungeons (although there may be a mode for that too) which was a big plus for me. I backed this for its modular playability and books o' dungeon adventures. The minis don't even excite me that much.

And yeah, I'm surprised there isn't way more buzz here about this. It's what the 25th Anniversary HQ shoulda been... But only 'in the spirit of' without actually swiping any names or other copyrighted stuff.
User avatar
Ragnar IronFist

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior
 
Posts: 117
Joined: September 8th, 2013, 1:15 am
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games Room

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest