• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

D&D Ravenloft

Topics relating to Dungeons & Dragons.

D&D Ravenloft

Postby HeroQuestFrance » August 13th, 2010, 5:00 am

You are lucky, this new dunjeon crawling boardgame is released in your country first. (august 16,2010)
I asked Hasbro France but they still don't know the boardgame since it hasn't been released yet.
I will buy it as import. In general FFG releases one Descent/doom box and we have a french version one or 2 years later !
I can't wait for a such delay... and those damned photos & videos of the box opening are like hell...

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
HeroQuestFrance

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: D&D Ravenloft

Postby kboleen » August 22nd, 2010, 4:35 pm

I went last Wednesday (8/18) to get a copy and the owner of my local game shop said it had been delayed. so I don't know when it will be out.
kboleen

Goblin
Goblin

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby HeroQuestFrance » August 28th, 2010, 2:40 pm

The boardgame (I bought it) is available on august 28, 2010.
It looks like a funny and quick dunjeon crawling.
A lot of videos are on youtube and many pics on gbg.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
HeroQuestFrance

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby HeroQuestFrance » August 29th, 2010, 11:19 am

I just also could preorder the second boardgame (99% similar and compatible with D&D ravenloft) here with free postage & package :

http://www.bookdepository.com/book/9780 ... e-Mountain

It should be release in november too.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
HeroQuestFrance

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Ragnar IronFist » November 23rd, 2013, 1:12 am

I know this is an old thread, but I'm thinking I want to get ravenloft, and still haven't seen any reviews by fellow HQ fans. I chose to get it over Descent 2nd ed because I heard it flows better, more dungeon-crawly, and solo-able. So is it a bad-ass game? Sucky? Or just kind of pointless/redundant to have when you already have HQ?
Ragnar IronFist

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby chaoticprime » November 23rd, 2013, 2:43 am

It plays almost exactly like 4th Edition D&D.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Patroclus » November 23rd, 2013, 4:15 am

I have seen some playtesting on the web and I can say it’s not good for me. It’s based on event cards, lots of skills and a combat system for how the enemies are choosing their targets. It’s too much setup for me to play it as solo, and basically I can’t find any interesting on that… For solo playing it’s better to play HQ, having in mind “what the players will do if it wasn’t solo”, for choosing targets you can use common sense and for things like “what path will they take” you can use the D6 and pick one random (or give less possibilities to the “wrong path”) (also in every room do a search for secret doors and traps, because we always do that, and you don’t have to move the heroes with dices if the passage is clear, just move the one out of the door and the rest count them as “are following one square behind”, for speed). Of course, an experience like that is closer to the GM feeling (because you know the map) and this is how I am playtesting my quests. If you want to not know the map you can use the AHQ rules with the random map generator. I don’t prefer that because it’s very “hack and slash” but it’s not a bad experience.

Other better games in my opinion are talisman (very different but you can play it solo or find one more non-hardcore player), space hulk (very different but can't solo, just need one more "hardcore" player), dungeon quest (I am not sure but looks fun for solo), the “dungeon” (it has some fun as solo or played with kids) and also descent 2 (I don't have played it but I think is better than ravenloft, but can't solo)… of course every game is very different and depends on you and what you like… even ravenloft could have some fun...

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Patroclus

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Usergroups:

Postby knightkrawler » November 23rd, 2013, 10:21 am

Castle Ravenloft, Wrath of Ashardalon, and Legend of Drizzt have rules for solo play, though.
I don't know what your criteria for owning the game are, but the minis are also mostly awesome.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » November 23rd, 2013, 5:56 pm

Never knew book depository had these. Cool. If you guys ever want to order something from that site, do me a favor and use the add link on my personal blog. I get credit that way. ;)
Pm me if you do.
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby chaoticprime » November 23rd, 2013, 5:59 pm

All the minis are just DDM but plastic and not painted.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman

Usergroups:

Next

Return to Dungeons & Dragons Room