• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Dungeon tiles.

Topics relating to Dungeons & Dragons.

Dungeon tiles.

Postby cynthialee » December 17th, 2011, 8:56 pm

I just got some Dungeon tiles from the 4th edition of D and D. The basic dungeon box of tiles, Shadowghast Manor and Caverns of Icewind Dale.

I have no plans to play D&D. The tiles are for Hero Quest and my own RPG.

Gotta love it when comapnies are making somewhat compatable stuff.

Been looking at the Legend of Drizzt, just for the mini's....

:)
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Dungeon tiles.

Postby dresdendoll » December 18th, 2011, 12:06 am

If you do decide to go the Legend of Drizzt route.. I would really recommend the full game. Not only do you get all the minis, but those modular random cavern tiles are awesome for Heroquest. And, you would have another game to play if the mood ever struck!
dresdendoll

Orc
Orc

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby cynthialee » December 18th, 2011, 12:35 am

Over Thanksgiving weekend we spent time at my brothers. He had the dungeon tiles and I brought my HQ set.

We played a fantasy RPG and we ussed his dungeon tiles combined with my HQ furniture and it was sweetness deluxe. My sister in law and my niece were particularly stoked with the addition of the HQ mini's and I was stoked with the tiles. It was a win win.

So when I was in the game shop the other day the tiles were sitting there begging me to buy them in thier neat wraping in the D&D display....

So I basicaly failed my savings throw against marketing I guess.
;)
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby HeroQuestFrance » December 19th, 2011, 6:05 am

For the same price you could have real "resin" hand painted tiles (+ quickshade) I make :

(walls & pilars are optionnal)

or a total modular board with corridor single square you can adjust like you want :

Or a Descent look :

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
HeroQuestFrance

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby torilen » December 19th, 2011, 8:43 am

So - HQF - you make those resin tile pieces? How do you do that? What material...what kind of mold or form...directions please. :)))

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » December 19th, 2011, 9:04 am

torilen wrote:So - HQF - you make those resin tile pieces? How do you do that? What material...what kind of mold or form...directions please. :)))

I'm just gonna go ahead and say that by a glance they look like Hirst Arts molds.

http://www.hirstarts.com/molds/moldsfield.html - Dungeon tiles
http://www.hirstarts.com/molds/moldscav.html - Cavern tiles

Resin IS a material used for casting.
Or you can simply use plaster which are cheaper and more commonly available in stores.
I wouldn't recommend plaster if you plan to cast thin or long objects as it's somewhat fragile. But for tiles it's great.

http://www.hirstarts.com/casting/casting.html - Instructions for casting

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Ethica » February 27th, 2012, 7:36 am

I'm going to make some of these tiles.

I'm wondering about the size though. If I start increasing the grid spacing none of the cardboard tiles I have will fit anymore (maybe I have to remake all these too).

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Ethica

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » June 13th, 2013, 5:15 am

cynthialee wrote:I just got some Dungeon tiles from the 4th edition of D and D. The basic dungeon box of tiles, Shadowghast Manor and Caverns of Icewind Dale.

Could you scan these tiles?

I love D&D tiles and maps. If anyone has any maps, please post them, and if possible, scan them in high res. I can piece them together in photoshop. Example of a map. Fun fact: this set had the same minis as Dragon Strike by TSR.
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Daedalus » June 17th, 2013, 10:11 pm

Is this what you are after? It's from the 4 ed. D&D Dungeon Tileset 1. It's a png file, as it seems I can't upload a pdf conversion using Gimp. Other file extensions may be possible. I took a screenshot to get this from the main pdf file. I don't know if it is too big, but maybe I can send the multi-page, original pdf as an attachment to you by PM.

UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » June 18th, 2013, 12:54 am

Yes, exactly!

Do you have dropbox? you could use that, or simply mail it to me. I'll pm you. Thanks!
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Next

Return to Dungeons & Dragons Room