• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Dragon Strike Quest pack

Topics related to Dragon Strike.

Re: Dragon Strike Quest pack

Postby Daedalus » October 18th, 2012, 7:14 pm

Too bad I can't help with the playtesting as I don't have an HQ group. :( I only have rules-mucking to offer. Here's an alternative Thief Hero Card description that includes the relavent rules:

You're the Thief: nimble as a cat, as clever as a fox. Only you can make Sneak Attacks. You may also roll a combat die while adjacent to pick a lock by rolling anything but a Skull, search a live monster for treasure by not rolling a White Shield, or ignore a Hazard if you don't roll a Black Shield.
Seperating the Sneak Attack into two could work. I'd put the flanking part on the Sneak Attack card because the Hero Card is already hurting for space.

Nobody is faster with the blade than you are. This card lets you roll an extra two combat dice while making an adjacent attack with your weapon. If a Hero is both adjacent to and on the opposite side of a monster you attack, you may make a Sneak Attack against it and automatically retain this card. Otherwise, if you don't roll at least 1 Black Shield during your attack, you must discard this card.
Maybe the flank attack could instead be less damaging, as it could be used more often--say 1 Attack Die.

Nobody is faster with the blade than you are. This card lets you roll an extra 2 combat dice while making an adjacent attack with your weapon. If you roll at least 1 Black Shield, retain this card; otherwise, discard it. You may also roll 1 extra combat die while making an adjacent attack with your weapon against a monster you "flank" (one of your allies is both opposite of and adjacent to it). You may continue to Flank Attack monsters after discarding all of your Sneak Attack Cards.
The way the second description is worded, a Sneak Attack and Flank Attack could combine for 3 additional Attack Dice. This would allow a Thief with a well-positioned and well-aimed Shortsword to attack with 5 Attack Dice. Me likey. If you don't go with the + 3 this way, perhaps an artifact could upgrade a Sneak/Flank Attack to +3 from the flat +2 version of the first description.

On a seperate note, I think the Dwarf should have a new name, such as Granite Dwarf or whatever. The point is to differentiate his name from the Dwarf of the Main Game System. This avoids possible confusion in Quest notes should the Dragon Strike dwarf be played outside of your DS campaign.

Another idea for the Dwarf would be to keep his Body Points at seven, but lower his Mind Points to three like the Main Game System Dwarf. His high magic save could instead be modeled by allowing him to reroll any dice against a magic effect. This should work out the same as having 5 Mind Points (if not a bit better), but keep him more in line with other HQ Heroes.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Nephew of Mentor » October 18th, 2012, 11:32 pm

I like the way this is looking. We can certainly use this. Thanks again. Sorry I've been quiet a while, I was out of town on an important job interview, and before that I was focusing on hunting down someone who could help dump the data from the sorasil amiga game for another quest(still no luck). Now that the quest maker is available, I may be able to make a more attractive quest page set up.
Sure it's pretty scary when the witch lord returns but what you should really be afraid of is "Resurrection of the Witch Lord". Resurrected baddies always come back more threatening than ever, usually kind of demonic with wings and horns and hell fire to announce their arrival. Think Gannondorf or Mother Brain from Super Metroid.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Destroyed a Zombie!
Nephew of Mentor

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Nephew of Mentor » October 24th, 2012, 1:57 pm

I have used the awesome HQ quest maker to recreate the first quest. Great job on this program. More will come, but it might take me a while. Image
Sure it's pretty scary when the witch lord returns but what you should really be afraid of is "Resurrection of the Witch Lord". Resurrected baddies always come back more threatening than ever, usually kind of demonic with wings and horns and hell fire to announce their arrival. Think Gannondorf or Mother Brain from Super Metroid.

Rewards:
Nephew of Mentor

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » October 25th, 2012, 3:17 am

Some typo's in that quest, and some missing letters in rooms too. Plus I don't think the warehouse should be (D), as that's a guardhouse.
And how does one open a locked door? There are 2 starting points. Where do the heroes start? And where do they escape?

Nicely done though! It'll be fun to use these boards for some HQ quests :)

typo's:
* special delivery
* the secret that can...
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Nephew of Mentor » October 25th, 2012, 11:19 am

Haha, nice catch. The rule for locked doors is actually explained in a different area. The same likely goes for maps with multiple starting points. My first attempt at this map had all the lettering correct, but it was too small to read. I must have made a mistake when retyping the notes all over again, haha. I also need to include a little information somewhere on the map to show how long before the dragon appears, as well as how many heroes may play. I'll fix those issues and resubmit the map a little later. Or maybe I will wait until I have fixed the map's blurry icons.

Rewards:
Nephew of Mentor

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » October 25th, 2012, 10:49 pm

If you don't find the map to your liking, HeroScribe has an icon pack with the Dragon Strike boards.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Nephew of Mentor » October 26th, 2012, 12:00 am

I might give that a try. I have a little computer issue at home that might make that more difficult than neccesary, but we shall see.

Rewards:
Nephew of Mentor

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Spark » November 7th, 2012, 12:18 pm

Hello, guys.

Newcomer in the forum! I have recently acquired a Dragon Strike board game and luckily the only things missing from it were the Instructions Book and Adventures Book. All the rest are in great shape, like new! However, without those two books, I'm afraid I might not be able to play.

I have tired finding around the web but I was not lucky (except the fact that I found this great forum) and since the game is about 20 years old, I'm afraid I won't find it.

So, I come here humbly asking for a helpful hand from someone who has these books and could scan and send them to me.

Cheers
Raphael

EDIT: By the way, my e-mail is raphael_edge@hotmail.com
Spark

Postby Nephew of Mentor » November 7th, 2012, 2:47 pm

I could look into helping you. I'm very distracted lately with some important life issues. So it might take me just a lil while.

Rewards:
Nephew of Mentor

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Spark » November 7th, 2012, 3:35 pm

Thank you very much. Take your time! :-)
Spark

PreviousNext

Return to Dragon Strike Room