• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Mophus' Advanced Heroquest

Topics related to Games Workshops Advanced HeroQuest.

Re: Mophus' Advanced Heroquest

Postby Mophus » August 12th, 2015, 5:51 pm

;) Thanks. Here is another try with Reaper Earth Brown base, than Leather Brown followed by Marigold Yellow (the last two applied with a sponge) and a coat of GW Gryphonne Sepia for the finish. The Skaven are test runs. The skin tone of the left guy is to reddish.

Besides: does anybody know where to get felt for chess figures? I can only find one with a sleaziness of 1mm. Is there a special term for this material?

Rewards:
Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges.
Mophus

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Forum Language: Deutsch
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Decipher » August 12th, 2015, 6:32 pm

Those are incredible. I do not have the patients or steady hand to paint like that. I love checking out everyone's painted figures. I have to be content with colorless minis which is okay with me cause I like to keep everything original.

OCD!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Decipher

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Decipher » August 12th, 2015, 6:34 pm

Mophus wrote:;) Besides: does anybody know where to get felt for chess figures? I can only find one with a sleaziness of 1mm. Is there a special term for this material?

Have you looked into pool table felt? That stuff is pretty thick.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Decipher

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby slev » August 13th, 2015, 6:32 am

Nice! I use pre-cast resin bases, that work out somewhat similar to yours. I'm not as good at sculpting!

I believe you're looking for "hard felt", but it's been a while.

For what it's worth, I'm using re-sized board sections (25mm squares), which work out *much* better for the 25mm bases.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
slev

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby IvenBach » August 13th, 2015, 3:08 pm

Mophus has a method of making love to the paint that I can only dream about... Very nicely done.

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
IvenBach
The NEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Mophus » August 17th, 2015, 3:40 am

Undead Champion Friedrich Zierborg, former Imperial Guard renegade, slain by Prince Gomrund Tallhelm

Rewards:
Mophus

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Mophus » August 13th, 2016, 9:03 am

The Dark Beneath the World - Image of the miniatures added (page 1)

Rewards:
Mophus

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Mophus » August 27th, 2016, 2:44 am

Finished the modification on a imperial dwarf to get Prince Gomrund Tallhelm. I used the tutorial on Bugmans Brewery. This was my first sculpting on a miniature, but I think it came out acceptable. The Prince is shown on the narrow side of the AHQ box.

Rewards:
Mophus

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » August 27th, 2016, 3:24 am

That's some fine sculpting. Tallhelm, indeed.
Looks like something that could come out of an Asterix issue, which is not meant neagtively.
Absolutely fits your own taste and style. I wanna see more. |_P

Sometimes I go back to reconsidering having a whole Oldhammer set of minis, but I have chosen modernism.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Mophus » August 27th, 2016, 6:32 am

Thanks for your kind words. :lol: Asterix applies perfect. That is the humor with a wink of pre 4th ed. like the dwarf on stilts with the inferiority complex.

By the way, this was my reference for the modification:

The part with the prongs on my sculpt is a littlebit to high in comparison. Although the prongs are to thick, but I don't touch it anymore. I finished the mini today at 2 o'clock in the morning. Than I recognized, that I used the recently finished back as a palmrest :bites-lip:. I turned berserker mode on and made the whole crown again. At 4:30 the mini was finished ... finally.

Sometimes I go back to reconsidering having a whole Oldhammer set of minis, but I have chosen modernism.

I had already a complete HQ set of proxies, in the past. But I wasn't satisfied by the result and switched to acquiring all the original miniatures. Personally I think it isn't a question of modernity, but of style and individual taste. Is expressionism inferior to pop art? No, they are two different styles. The design trend at GW can be compared with the development of video games. Technically considered are 3D graphics superior to 2D graphics. But from an artistic view, they're different styles of representation. So the actual GW miniatures are maybe technically superior, but the design hasn't improved - it has changed. I personally feel a lag of soul in GW miniatures since 4th/5th ed. Just as some supervisualbombastic actual video games lag gameplay and deployability.

But fortunately there are a few small companies, who create new miniatures in the style of the golden citadel era. "The Pantheon of Chaos" is a example for those new Oldhammer miniature style:

Rewards:
Mophus

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Advanced HeroQuest Room