• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Ye Olde Anniversary!

All Ye Olde Inn related announcements will be available here for all Guests to read.

Re: Ye Olde Anniversary!

Postby sadkitchen » January 7th, 2012, 5:52 pm

cynthialee wrote:
sadkitchen wrote:Assassina? I though the assassin was cool but I never even saw the Assassina.
Regardless of any straggling vowels, this is a great site and I will continue to visit it! (Except when I don't due to no internet access or when I'm working 80+ hours a week.) :mrgreen:

-SadKitchen

First character on this page is the Assassina.
http://www.yeoldeinn.com/cards.php

Oh My Hotcakes. I fail at life. As this is the first time ever I thought I would be able to point out a spelling error that isn't mine, and it's not even spelled wrong :(. Sorry drathe for even suggesting that you added an extra 'a' to the end of Assassin. I am definitely sending myself to bed without supper tonight for that one.

-SadKitchen
sadkitchen

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby drathe » January 9th, 2012, 2:23 pm

Thank you all. The real credit goes to the community for providing the quality content found on the Website, and the worthwhile discussions on the forum.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Pugahla_272 » February 22nd, 2012, 7:01 pm

happy aniversary Ye Olde Inn.

Once again i am late, on time really isn't my thing :D

well done drathe this website is amazing. The stats prove that anyway. Thanks for ur and evry1 elses contribution.
Look for my signature below
Look for my signature above
Pugahla_272

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » January 6th, 2013, 3:57 am

2012 has been a fantastic year for our community. We've grown considerably and had more community members involved than ever before! Great advances in HeroScribe have lead to Derfel Link creating many Icon Packs and Multiple Boards. Patroclus developed some great programs for making cards, quests and booklets. The forums are full of great cards created by members for everyone to use. Our gallery Artchives are swelling with artwork for members to use in creating their quests and cards. It's a good time to be (back) into HeroQuest! :D

File downloads for 2012 have increased 197%, and Website usage has increased 258%. We just about hit our Bandwidth limit for the first time ever in December. :? Hopefully it's just due to Christmas and people getting new resources to add to their HeroQuest Christmas gifts. Since we've never even come close to hitting our bandwidth limits before, we have no idea what will happen. Some Websites just go offline until a new month starts, some just stay online and incur a hefty over-usage charge. *fingers crossed*

And now it's time for the annual stats!

Note: The below lists do not include files from Agin's Inn Archives, or any files attached to the forum.

2012 Top Ten File Downloads
  1. Corner Prison Tile by Big Bene: 2573
  2. Adventure Design Kit Sticker Sheet: 1646
  3. Equipment Cards by drathe: 1362
  4. System Tiles (European): 1343
  5. Character Booklet: 1332
  6. Assassina Character Card by Dock: 1269
  7. Armoury/Identification Guide: 1198
  8. Halls of Durrag-Dol: 1194
  9. Stand-up Ogres by Big Bene: 984
  10. HeroQuest Font Pack: 921

2012 File Download Totals
  • Total of all Homepage Files: 229172
  • Cards: 40879
  • Quests: 26281
  • Rules: 1962
  • Tiles: 48078
  • Design Tools: 20081
  • Game System: 33448
  • Adventure Design Kit: 4440
  • Kellar's Keep: 7045
  • Return of the Witch Lord: 5551
  • Against the Ogre Horde: 7079
  • Wizards of Morcar: 12545
  • Mage of the Mirror: 7805
  • The Frozen Horror: 7147
  • Dark Company: 1530

What's in store for 2013 (at lot of these are left over from 2012... & 2011 :oops: ):
  • Complete the German/Deutsch resources.
  • Complete the Danish/Dansk Game System and Kellar's Keep resources.
  • Complete the rest of the Italian/Italiano card resources that have been waiting to go online for far too long.
  • Create cards for Norwegian/Norsk OH, WM, MM and FH with translations provided by tallyho.
  • Several more Agin's Inn Classics.
  • Complete other resources that come our way over the year.
  • Provide fan created content submitted to us throughout the year.
  • Complete card translation project (with community support) in order to create cards missing from other language releases.
  • Begin Quest Book translation project (with community support) in order to create quest books missing from other language releases.
  • Continue to translate Homepage and complete Forum elements as provide by community translators.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Sjeng » January 6th, 2013, 7:07 am

If you ever need a VERY cheap hosting site, with NO bandwidth limits, drop me a message ;)
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Daedalus » January 11th, 2013, 12:29 pm

Awesome year, drathe! Who would have guessed at such growth? Scary about the bandwidth limit, but serves ya right for coming up with such an ambitious fansite. ;) Members should take note, and I'd suggest we should plan downloads before or after December, if possible.
|_P to everyone involved, and congrats to Big Bene for his prison tile--it's a beaut!
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Seb » January 12th, 2013, 1:18 am

Impressive year on year growth, again, congrats on a increasingly popular site!

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Seb

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby el_flesh » January 13th, 2013, 11:30 am

I'm in here every couple of days to see what's up and what's new. Haven't played more than 3 HQ games in all of last year, so is waaaayyyy down for me. But a new year dawns! Who knows?....
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby ken » June 20th, 2013, 3:36 am

Hey Flesh, like you, very few games this past year, my adversaire has movd on to Girls!! I think. Still have the occasional bowl of Jumbalaya. Keep the faith. Ken

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ken
The Greybeard

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » June 20th, 2013, 5:39 am

ken wrote:my adversaire has movd on to Girls!!

I hear that's a very interesting hobby too... :mrgreen:
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements